Newbie Mesa Mark iib owner foot switch question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzja

Reaction score
Been playin' for over 40 years and recently had the opportunity to purchase a Mark iib at an extremely reasonable price. My question is simple, is the foot switch switch a momentary or a DPDT ? Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

It's not momentary. You could use a DPDT switch to make the Rhythm/Lead footswitch. The switch just shorts the tip to ground.

You could use a SPST footswitch. If you plan to build one, I could check mine and tell you what resistor value in series with LED should be used.

RR said:
You could use a SPST footswitch. If you plan to build one, I could check mine and tell you what resistor value in series with LED should be used.

The led/resistor aren't necessary are they?

No, the LED and resistor is not necessary. Just that it looks cool and you could visual distinguish which channel you are on looking at the LED.

I suppose you already know how to wire up the footswitch (w/o LED) but in case don't:

The SPST footswitch has two tabs. Wired them to the two tabs on 1/4" jack. Easy. Doesn't matter which tabs you wire them to.

New to forum and reviving old post. Would this work for a reverb switch too? My IIB doesn't have the graphic EQ. Reverb so I assume the jack under the chassis is reverb only.

My skills are limited but confident I could build something this simple from Frys.

I have the original lead switching footswitch that plugs in the front jack. Since that's mono should that work to test the reverb switch?

Thanks in advance. Falling in love with this amp again and also sharing the experience of fixing it back up with my son.

BStone said:
New to forum and reviving old post. Would this work for a reverb switch too? My IIB doesn't have the graphic EQ. Reverb so I assume the jack under the chassis is reverb only.

My skills are limited but confident I could build something this simple from Frys.

I have the original lead switching footswitch that plugs in the front jack. Since that's mono should that work to test the reverb switch?

Thanks in advance. Falling in love with this amp again and also sharing the experience of fixing it back up with my son.
You say your IIB doesn't have graphic EQ Reverb, does it have reverb (reverb knob either front or back chassis))?

If I recall, the reverb jack is an RCA jack on the bottom of the chassis. That jack you see underneath the chassis might be "interrupt power stage jack" where you could place an Ernie Ball volume pedal or use your Mark IIB as a power amp.

Latest posts

Back