Newb rig on a single rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelch

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the appropriate place but here it goes. My rig so far is a bbe sonic maximizer and and rocktron super hush c noise reducer. I know I have to use the FX loop but where would the maximizer go in the chain. Would the maximizer be the first piece that is plugged into the FX loop jack and then the rocktron? :roll:

You can run the BBE in the loop, but I'm not sure about the noise reducer, moreso, how a noise reducer would work in a Parallel effects loop? Why do you feel you need noise reduction anyways?

I play with my gain pretty high on the modern setting and I get alot of feedback when not playing. I have tried standing 20 feet from cab and tried placing cab in all different locations in our practice space. Should is use the rocktron hush in the slave out? Right now I am using my korg rack tuner in my slave out.

My main concern is just in what order to hook them up.

The Noise Suppressor should go infront of the amp, as it will not do it's job 100% in a parallel loop (the type the recto has).

As for the BBE, I also believe it is useless in a parallel loop....in general, I find them to be a waste of money. Either try it in front also, or get rid of it.

I have heard alot more positve reviews than negative on the bbe so I figured it was worth a try. I bought at guitar center so if it sucks I will just bring it back. When you say the noise supressor needs to ''go in front'' of the amp...what exactly do you mean. Right now I have my rack tuner plugged into the slave out. Do I just link that up with the noise supressor? Sorry...this stuff is all new to me.

The noise supressor won't do anything if put in the slave out....the slave out is an output only....

If you put it in the loop, it will only cut noise and feedback from the small part of the signal that goes through the loop.....it's how a parallel loop works.

So, you have to put the supressor (and BBE) between your guitar and amp.

Get rid of both.

The BBE just scoops the mids out of your sound and makes the pure tube sound become artificial. Furthermore, neither will work in a parallel loop. If you think you need noise reduction, turn down your gain.

Besides telling you to get rid of it i will further the explanation on where they should go. Guitar-noise reduction-bbe-amp. Turn the fx loop to on, but leave it dry(without fx) so u can still use the output and solo.
I dont say the noise suppressor is a waste but imho the bbe is.

I dont have the tuner in the slave out anymore. Newb mistake. :lol: I tried out the bbe and it was ok....just not worth the 180 bucks. I will just return it and look for a real eq like a graphic or parametric for around the same price. I would still like to shape my distortion a bit. If I am going to be using an eq and possibly the hush C in my effects loop should I get that modded to a series??

Latest posts

Back