New video of Petrucci talking about gear (Mk IV)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
psychodave said:
Does anyone find it interesting that he does NOT us R2. I guess he uses 2 IV's...one for rhythm and one for lead.

I think Mesa should make a switch for R2 that increases the gain. this way it can be stock or higher in gain 8)

Dave
Yeah Found it interesting myself, guess not his flavor. Seen them during the summer never seen either head leave R3. In the video he says he does use the Mark IV clean sometimes, did not see it that night

psychodave said:
While I really like JP's playing without a band setting, I think DT music is crappy.

Yeah they are fucking boring. JP just an awesome player

Yeah, DT is boring live and Petrucci doesn't have good stage presence but he is still awesome to listen too. Mesa should make a signature Petrucci head. That would be cool!! Hell, he has used them long enough!

Racerboy44 said:
Yeah, DT is boring live and Petrucci doesn't have good stage presence but he is still awesome to listen too. Mesa should make a signature Petrucci head. That would be cool!! Hell, he has used them long enough!

They do......it's called the Mark IV . Before that it was the Roadking. :)

Greg

disassembled said:
Racerboy44 said:

Greg

Yeah, but they're not designated as "signature" heads. But I get what you're saying.

Racerboy44 said:
disassembled said:
Racerboy44 said:

Greg

Yeah, but they're not designated as "signature" heads. But I get what you're saying.
I think one of the reason for which Mesa is great is that they don't make signature products 8)

ytse_jam said:
Racerboy44 said:
disassembled said:

Greg

I think one of the reason for which Mesa is great is that they don't make signature products 8)

Agreed

rabies said:
psychodave said:
While I really like JP's playing without a band setting, I think DT music is crappy.

I disagree. I think Images & Words is excellent. Although I have disliked that band overall since I saw them live @ gigantour a few years ago (he had the recto/lonestar rig back then, very boomy). I don't like that singer at all... They need Anselmo!

I totally aree. Step one... ditch cheeseball keyboards. Step two... hire Anselmo. I might listen to them then hah hah. I saw Down a couple of months ago and a clean and sober (with the exception of weed of course) Anselmo is a force to be reckoned with.

reo73 said:
ytse_jam said:
Racerboy44 said:

Agreed

I agree also that the whole Signature thing is more about marketing for the amp company and a way for the artist to make some more money. But it would be cool to see Hetfield and Petrucci with their name on some Mesa gear just as more of a tribute to those who helped put Mesa on the map.

Racerboy44 said:
reo73 said:
ytse_jam said:

Agreed

I agree also that the whole Signature thing is more about marketing for the amp company and a way for the artist to make some more money. But it would be cool to see Hetfield and Petrucci with their name on some Mesa gear just as more of a tribute to those who helped put Mesa on the map.

I don't know, it bothers me when amp companies put an endorsee names on an amp and I lose respect for their gear and I have appreciated that Mesa has stayed above that level. And, I am not so sure that Hetfield and Petrucci put Mesa on the map. Maybe Hetfield did a bit in the 80s with the IIC+ crunch sound but Petrucci came after the Recto phenomenon and that really put Mesa on the map.

Latest posts

Back