New video of Petrucci talking about gear (Mk IV)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredding

Reaction score
http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery_artist/video/Petrucci3.html

MEsa Boogie just updated their video gallery.

Cool video .
I would hate to have to muddle thru a show with that rig !!!...not

And whats with the armor plate tombstones ? ..Probably just guardrails .
or maybe to hide some killer battery power supply ?Hmmmmm.

Elpelotero said:
"and that's it."

Yeah right! That rig is ridiculous! can you imagine programming all of that!

Thats why there are engineering schools ...You need an Eng, to design it , a technologist to work it out on paper, and breadboard\build the sucker . A programmer... and a personal loan to buy a ticket to a concert these days ..
:lol:

Buddy said:
Elpelotero said:
"and that's it."

Yeah right! That rig is ridiculous! can you imagine programming all of that!

Thats why there are engineering schools ...You need an Eng, to design it , a technologist to work it out on paper, and breadboard\build the sucker . A programmer... and a personal loan to buy a ticket to a concert these days ..
:lol:

Mark Snyder.

Yeah, I've noticed he's gotten a lot larger over the years. But it looks like he's getting more shredded up rather than larger, and i'd say he's reached the size he wanted about 1 year ago and now has started losing body fat so it appears he's more ripped.

While I really like JP's playing without a band setting, I think DT music is crappy.

Cool vid...I have always love the tone Pertrucci gets from his IIC+s to the RKs to the Mark IVs.

BTW...the big armor plate things on each side of his board are footrests for when he has a more technical passage he has to play through. He used to rest his feet on the monitor wedges but since the band went to in ears he had these thingys made.

reo73 said:
BTW...the big armor plate things on each side of his board are footrests for when he has a more technical passage he has to play through. He used to rest his feet on the monitor wedges but since the band went to in ears he had these thingys made.

No they are not! They are talent attenuators since JP's talent usually blows few audiences apart per night. They kind of work like a hotplate. They are made of metal so that heat can radiate more efficiently.

His tone just keeps getting better. Why doesn't he use IIC+'s on the road anymore?

Kiss My Axe said:
His tone just keeps getting better. Why doesn't he use IIC+'s on the road anymore?

If you watch the other interview video (pt 2) on the Mesa site he describes why he ditched the RKs and chose the Mark IV over the IIC+.

reo73 said:
Kiss My Axe said:

If you watch the other interview video (pt 2) on the Mesa site he describes why he ditched the RKs and chose the Mark IV over the IIC+.

Wow, that interview is making me consider the Mark IV even more now. I just don't see how it has taken him this long to find that he likes the IV more than the IIC+ when he has been using them both for 10 years now! :lol:

shredding said:
reo73 said:

No they are not! They are talent attenuators since JP's talent usually blows few audiences apart per night. They kind of work like a hotplate. They are made of metal so that heat can radiate more efficiently.
\

Yeah i have heard that too..

Does anyone find it interesting that he does NOT us R2. I guess he uses 2 IV's...one for rhythm and one for lead.

I think Mesa should make a switch for R2 that increases the gain. this way it can be stock or higher in gain 8)

Latest posts

Back