New Triple Rec owner Please Help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoOgIeTiMe

Reaction score
Okay, correct me at any moment if I'm worng, but It's my understandting that the Triple Rec is always on channel 2 when you turn on the amp right? and in turn the footswitch should display ch. 2 lit up, correct? Well, my amp is always on channel 2 when I turn it on but my footswitch shows the FX loop as being activated, is this normal? If amp is on Channel two shound't the footswitch represent the same? Also, if the footswitch or cable is bad could this be the cause of a loss in volume in all channels, particularly ch. 3?

Please Help.

I forgot to mention that I made sure all cables were connected right and in the rear of amp I had the assign and and channel selector knobs set on footswitch.

I had a 3 channel dual that did that. Never seemed to be an issue.

It doesn't really matter what the footswitch defaults to when you first turn on the amp because you will never just turn on the amp and start playing. The amp needs to warm up for a few minutes each and every time you turn it on from cold off. That's plenty of time to check your footswitch and make sure that what you want is selected.

If you don't want the loop activated, simply turn it off. If you never use the loop at all, then turn it off entirely with the knob selector on the back of the amp. It's really that simple.

As to a volume loss, you haven't made clear exactly when this occurs. Are you saying that the volume is reduced in all channels when you have the footswitch plugged in, compared to when the footswitch is completely unplugged? Or are you saying that, with the footswitch plugged in, you are having trouble getting the amp to be loud enough? Or are you saying that there is a difference in volume on all channels between when the loop is clicked on and when it is clicked off? Which of these is it? If you can specify that first, we can offer you more specific help.

The volume loss I hear is across all channels, but the one channel that seems most affected is channel 3. When I first noticed this the footswitch was connected and the loop was set to footswitch. I don't use the loop but I do like to use the solo and output features. I haven't tried to see if there's a difference with the footswitch unplugged, yet. I did check all the tubes to see if they are lightning up, and they all are. So, I don't think it's a rectifier tube or a powertube I'll have to check the preamp tubes. Any other Ideas?

Okay, even though I don't have anything in the loop I do have the loop selector knob set on footswitch because I like to use the output and solo features. I just tested played the amp with the loop set on footswitch and completely bypassed. I noticed that when I have the loop completely bypassed my volume levels are back to normal the volume loss is gone. When I engage it though, the volume loss is once again present.

What could be causing this?

I also noticed that when I have the loop knob on footswitch and I click the loop on I get an increase in volume it sounds just like when the loop is completely bypassed, but when I click the loop off I get a dramatic loss of volume.

What's causing this?

It sounds like 2 things.

1) When you have the footswitch going, the master output is engaged, which means you have to set not only the master output, but also the individual output control on each channel. This means that all you probably need to do is match their volumes by adjusting each channel until they are all the same.

2) It's an issue with where you have the Send/Return volumes on the back of the amp set. When you engage the loop, the Send/Return volume controls become active. If they are set high enough, they will be louder than the original unaffected signal. If that's what it is, all you need to do is adjust the Send volume to where you want it.

Chris McKinley said:
It sounds like 2 things.

1) When you have the footswitch going, the master output is engaged, which means you have to set not only the master output, but also the individual output control on each channel. This means that all you probably need to do is match their volumes by adjusting each channel until they are all the same.

2) It's an issue with where you have the Send/Return volumes on the back of the amp set. When you engage the loop, the Send/Return volume controls become active. If they are set high enough, they will be louder than the original unaffected signal. If that's what it is, all you need to do is adjust the Send volume to where you want it.

+1

Make sure your send control on the FX Loop (back of chassis) is set at 12 o'clock. Then set the "Output Volume" to whatever you want.

In regards to the footswitch issue, my Recto usually defaults to channel 2 (orange), but I have never taken notice of the FX loop being engaged when I turn the power on. As long as your amp switches properly after you take it off "standby" there isn't an issue.

Back