"new" tremoverb, partial refund, now alive again!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The amp is definitely repairable and would be a fun project for someone that wanted to get into it. Unfortunately the price you paid negates any fun in fixing the amp!!!

If you get a refund and want to sell the amp give me a PM.

Greg

If you replace the paper fuse do you have to use MESA brand paper or can you use aftermarket?

Forget Paypal/Ebay taking care of it...do a chargeback through your CC immediately. Paypal will decide in your favor but they will not give you your money back. I hate scammers! :evil:

hey everyone, thanks for caring, and the funny fuse jokes. i havent updated it recently becuase nothing has happened, im just waiting for paypal to decide whats going to happen. do you think i should bug them with emails? or would that hurt my case? ill let you guys know as soon as i know something

I think you're making a big mistake by not going through your credit card company as well.

Don't wait for Paypal. Call your credit card company. You have a limited period of time to dispute the charges with your CC company. Paypal may take longer than that time. Be careful with your words when talking through it with the CC. You want your first call to clearly document exactly what about the amp you received is not what you were sold.

Another +1 for going through your CC co. Also be honest and up front with them as far as all action you've taken to this point involving ebay and paypal.

nope , unfortunately no news as of yet, they have till the 19th and that will be the month that they claimed it would be resolved in. im dying to use it though... but its too depressing and i dont want to cause more damage than it already has.

Commander Coo1 said:
nope , unfortunately no news as of yet, they have till the 19th and that will be the month that they claimed it would be resolved in. im dying to use it though... but its too depressing and i dont want to cause more damage than it already has.

This is why you do a chargeback on your credit card!!!!

well i finally heard from paypal, and they requested a formal description from a 3rd party. he said:
"Burnt screen resistors, many components on main board modified and not functioning. To put back to factory and restore functionality = [about] $200.00 part and $280.00 in labor total about 480-600. Unit interior not damaged by shipping. This unit could not have functioned even before shipping"

so i think this will help me out a lot. ill let you all know anything else that happens with it.

-James

man you are making a huge mistake. call your credit card company!!!!

This situation has happened to my old guitarist! In the auction the head said new with nice pics. when he recieved the head, the head wouldn't work, it caught fire when the owner had it. My guitarist filed a paypal complaint but it was too late because when they suspended the guys account he had already taken all of the money out already.

well this is the big update... kinda weird but it looks like i won

We have determined that you may be eligible for a refund on this PayPal
transaction. To qualify for a refund, please return the item received
to
the seller in the same condition in which it was received. (You are
responsible for shipping and handling costs for the returned
merchandise.)
The amount you will be eligible to receive is determined by the terms
of
our buyer protection policies and we may be unable to make a full
recovery
of your payment from the seller. Please review the buyer protection
policies in our User Agreement before shipping the item back to the
seller.

so pretty much now i send back the amp, when it reaches the address, paypal rewards me $200, if there just so happens to be the full amount in his paypal account i will get that, if not, i get $200 F*** paypal, i cant chargeback by the way because it was a debit purchase. i guess i will just keep it becasue its worth more than $200- shipping so now i get to take it to the shop or ship it to mesa to be fixed, im guessing it will have better value someday down the road if i have mesa do it though... but shipping will be really expensive. man did i get screwed. just be warned unless the seller meets a bunch of criteria listed in paypals user agreement, you are only insured up to $200, so be careful if you buy anything over that amount...

if you feel like hiring a lawyer, i'm sure you could probably sue the guy for false advertisement or something.

Just curious, how is that "buyer protection"? Shouldn't Paypal be suing the guy on your behalf to recover the money? Or how about, we'll get as much money back as possible and THEN you must deliver the product back before we release the funds to you.

Back