New to the Road King - Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianf

Reaction score
Ouch. I have been going through the owners manual and my head hurts :D

Couple of questions.

On the rear, over the channel 1 section is a switch marked Triode/Pentode. Does this funtion only on channel 1, or is it only for the EL34's? I guess this is some type of variac.

I won't even try and figure out the effects loops tonight but lets say I just want to put a Boss DD3 in. Should I use loop 1 or 2?

I thought my Dual recto was complicated but wow.

Thanks in advance for any help.

brianf

brianf said:
On the rear, over the channel 1 section is a switch marked Triode/Pentode. Does this funtion only on channel 1, or is it only for the EL34's? I guess this is some type of variac.
Sorry i don't get where is the triode/pentode switch, on the Road King, but is a different kind of wiring/connection of power tubes. Pentode is fuller and thicker (even with more volume) than triode which is more mellow and muffled. I have this option on my Ecstasy and i prefer way more the Pentode mode.

There's also a Bold / Spongy switch...that is intended to be more like a 'built-in' variac.. In Spongy setting your RoadKing gets less current and the feel will be less brittle, more squishy and 'browny'...(less tight also). In Spongy mode your volume will be lower..

The triode/pentode switch applies only to the EL34 tubes. You can get a different feel/sound from them when you change this switch. This also affects the tone of these tubes when they are mixed with the 6L6.

Latest posts

Back