New to the Board

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesarockerMk2

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the Boogie Board, but long time fan of Mesa Amps. I am 57 and been playing for 40 of those years. During that time I have owned just about everything known to man. My Boogie is a pre + MarkIIC short head loaded with all the goodies. It came with a single 1/12 cab w/ a EV. Later I found a matching cab w/ a Black Shadow. I traded a 50 watt Marshall plexi half stack for this Boogie straight out of the box. Don't get me wrong the Mashall with my Les Paul was a tone monster, but to loud for small venues. The Boogie has certainly lived up to Mesa's reputation. I am a purist at heart and if it works don't mess with it. Although I am thinking about trying some Tone Tubbys. In the words of Pappy "just shut up and play the thing". I am looking forward to some conversation with people who share my passion. Billy

Welcome! I hope to be able to say something like that someday!

Have you ever tried the C+, the model after yours?

If you're into the classic rock thing I wouldn't recommend it...

No I haven't heard a + version in person, but I'm sure that a lot of the ones used by the various artists on recordings also live up to their reputation. I did have the pleasure to speak to Mike Bentinelli about the + conversion for my amp. He said the + mod would improve my amp, but if your happy with the amp then leave it alone. Mike is the MB you see on alot of the Mesa amps. I look at it like this, if I could hand carry this amp and put it in his hands, and then wait for it then I would. To risk shipping the amp via UPS and having it lost or dammaged would't be worth it. However a bunch of players praise the MarkIIC+ as the "Holy grail of Tone" so I guess you can't argure with a religious experiance. P.S. I like my Rock " Balls to the wall" feel it in your bones solid. My roots go back to the Yardbirds, Hendrix, Cream, Zeppelin, etc. Latley I have resolved to Blues, with my satellite radio locked the Sirrius Blues channel, but will never miss a chance to play those big power chords. Billy

Welcome , Billy .
It's possible to learn a little too much on this board . :lol:

Welcome Billy! Glad to see you here. This is definately a cool place to hang. Like you I'm no spring chicken but I do like pickin. :lol:

Sounds like you and I have have a lot in common.

I'm glad to see another Boogie freak round these parts!

Thanks for the welcome. I have been retired from the local music scene for the last 17 years, but kept my foot in the door. When my daughter was born I hung em up so I could spend time with the family. Sissy is about to graduate and I think those dues have been paid. That combined with a near-death experiance has given me a new lease on life, so it's time to strap on that Les Paul, kick the Boogie into overdrive, and wail! Billy

MesarockerMk2 said:
Thanks for the welcome. I have been retired from the local music scene for the last 17 years, but kept my foot in the door. When my daughter was born I hung em up so I could spend time with the family. Sissy is about to graduate and I think those dues have been paid. That combined with a near-death experiance has given me a new lease on life, so it's time to strap on that Les Paul, kick the Boogie into overdrive, and wail! Billy

Put the volume to 10!!

Welcome Billy! :p :p

Back