New to rack gear, need advice (Quad+strategy)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SadButTruely

Reaction score
Hello, I am just venturing into the rack setup, I have owned a Mesa Dual Rect, and Mark2C+, but I have just recently purchased a Quad Preamp and Strategy 400. I am seeking advice on how to hook these two up properly and also, I have the footswitch for the quad, but it is missing the Fu-2 cable. I believe I hooked it up correctly earlier but I can you not manually change or activate the channels on the quad? Any advice on correctly hooked these two up will be greatly appreciated, I just want to make sure it is done right.
rack1.jpg

rack3.jpg

rack2.jpg

guitar - Input on quad

main A and B on quad to input A and B on Poweramp.
Or A or B to the A/B input in the middle.

You need the cable for the footswitch or just make your own like I did.
You can also engage the channels using a normal footswitch or grounding out a guitar cable.
thats what the EXT/Midi switching jacks are for.

Engaged the channels using a pedal connector and an old guitar input, thanks for the tip!

How did you go about making your own cable? I began to look at that as an idea but I am not sure what I would have to use to do so. Guitar stores only sell the 3 pin or 5 pin cables let alone making sure i have a M and F side to it.

Latest posts

Back