New to Board--"Gavin Degraw"

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bikedude

Reaction score
I'm new here, and I like what i see. I own the blue LSC 1X12. This is my 3rd. one since Jan.05. I love the amp, tones are endless, although my singer doesnt like the amp, she says "It's too Loud". Oh well what do you call a person that hangs around with musicians? A singer!..

Anyway, last nite on Hard Rock Live, Gavin Degraw was using a LSC (blue). He was playing in Ch2. Sounded good. I think he was using a ES335 type of Guitar.

Lovin the amp,
Cleveland, Oh.

Yes, John Petrucci uses one of the heads for his clean sounds, and I've seen one in the back of Dierks Bentley in his videos. I'd love to have one to contrast my Dual Rectifier! Welcome!

BikeDude,
Where at in Cleveland? I'm in Mentor, I play locally with MidLife Crisis. We gig 2-4 times a month. I have the LSC 2x12 and love it. We all sing and play so we don't have anyone saying its too loud. Who are you with?

Joe, Your'e not with Michael Stanely (Midlife Chryslers) are you? I play in an oldies motown band called RocknRemember. We're not playing too many bar gigs cause the money isn't really there for a four piece group. Wev'e been playing a lot of animal clubs, (Moose, Eagles, Elks, etc.) We do some private functions and weddings. We're thinking of doing some trio work as we may be able to get into the clubs a little cheaper. I'm in Westlake, but have guitar will travel.

Wisch,
www.rocknremember.com

Wisch,
No, not with Michael Stanley, although our keyboard player did play with Michael Cartolone (sp?) who played with **** Yankees, I think. We're just a local cover band, Cleveland and East. Not the most original name, in fact, there is probably a Mid Life Crisis band in every major city! Maybe we'll bump in to each other somewhere. Remember, when the singer gives you that look, just step on the solo button and really let her hear it!!!

Take care,
Joe
www.TheMidLifeCrisisBand.us[/url]

Joe, MidlifeCrisis, kewl name, kinda describes what I've been goin thru for the last 30 years. LOL. I'm working with Danny Morris, of the Morris family fame. His dad and uncles are in the band Eddie and the Edesels, I'm sure you've heard of them. His cousin is the infamous Billy (Kid Wicked) Morris who graces the cover of this weeks Scene Mag. Danny once played with Jamie St. James from Black n Blue fame. We were workin with Tommy Varga on drums who just left us to persue an Indie Gig with his band TV Project. Keep in touch, let me know whre your playin. BTW I also had a 2X12 LSC but id died on me, and they replaced it with the blue 1X12 that I have now. My original amp was Cream with Black Grille, which I like a lot. My blue one with the Silver Grille already has a coffee stain on it!!

Wisch,

Kidd Wicked, that's a name I haven't heard in awhile. Is Billy still playing under that name? We used to live at Sahara club (Eastside). Zaza (Neil), Teacher's Pet, Bronx, some great bands. Didn't Morris' nephew recently win guitar wars? Didn't see it, heard about him. Sorry to hear about your 2x12. I have no issues with mine. I did have a rectoverb crap out on me 2 minutes into soundcheck though. Raced over to guitar center and they hooked me up with tubes under warranty. While I was waiting for a new one to come in, I started playing with the LSC and loved it. I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon.
Take care,
Kevin

Gavin opened up for the Allman Brothers in my area when I went to see them over the summer - and what a strange opening act he was for ABB.

Got a nice tone out of it - he was doing rythym stuff when he played it...

Kevin, Nice site, like to come out and hear you guys but I'm workin tonite also. We play over your way several times a year at the Willoughby Eagles. Nice club, they put maybe 200 people in there on a Fri. and Sat.

Take Care,
Wisch

Bikedude said:
I'm new here, and I like what i see. I own the blue LSC 1X12. This is my 3rd. one since Jan.05. ......

Why three of them in less than a year?? I'm on the verge of buying a 1x12 LSC.

Bike, they sound awesome. I actually prefer Derek Trucks to Betts by far... the band seemed to be looser and more into it then the times I've seen them with Dickey.

Guit 55,

My first bought from GC in Jan. 05. Cream 1X12 with Black Grille, was a floor unit. As per GC policy, they ordered me a brand new like unit from Mesa. When unit came in I swapped out the floor unit and took the new one home. Same Cream with Black Grille, but after a couple of hours of messing around with the amp, I noticed it was a 2X12 instead of the original 1X12. Well I kept my mouth shut and kept the 2X12 model. After about 6 gigs, I noticed a lack of power in said amp. Well I took it back to GC for repair. They sent it to their repair facility in Akron, Oh. After 5 weeks, they tell me they can't repair the unit. In the meantime I purchase a Roland Cube 60. I'm playing my gig with an amp that costs 1/6 of the Mesa LSC., and let me tell you that littles Cube packs a wallop. Anyway I tried to get a refund on the LSC since its brand new and now defunct, but they call Mesa and Mesa say's they're going to honor their end and provide me with a brand new unit. Well now they can't get me a Cream and Black Grille model so I agree to a basic blue model. They refunded me some $$ cause of the price diff. between the Custom Color and the basic blue model. I now have a perfectly good working LSC 1X12 model. But the funny thing about this whole scenario is that the little Roland Cube 60 holds up with the LSC. It weighs 32lbs. and has 7 amp models, with Rev. Chorus, Phaser, Tremolo, Delay, Slapback, etc. with 60 watts and a closed back 1X12 ported cab. Try one out, you won't be dissappointed!1

Rock On
Wisch

Back