new song -- "Speak to Me" - mark2b content

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo

Reaction score
new song -- "Speak to Me"

a bit different than my usual stuff...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=661726&songID=8434459

all done with a markb.
1st half, is a miced demeter iso cab.
2nd half solo, is direct with palmer PDI-09.

my demo of this song was done about 10 years ago, with just electric guitars and a drum machine.....

i went down to st augustine fl a while back- met with crispy, who worked in a studio down there.
we agreed to collab on a few projects.

my buddy 'crispy' took it, and applied the strange samples and looped groove to it...
i only had a MP3 of his demo backing tracks to work with it, alas, crispy disappeared....
so, i re-did the vox and guitars over the last couple of weeks, here it is!

128kbps mp3, for stream or download

or, if you want the higher 320k version, download it here:
http://rcpt.yousendit.com/786088436/b44b7856a9a845853f08fe3338816f6c

dwsabianguy
thanks for listening.....
there's a whole lot going on this song, but as far as guitar, that was the easiest thing of all!!
LOL

it's great, to just have backing tracks pretty much laid out, sing on it, then kick back with the guitar and just f*ck off!!

heheheh

jimbola-
hey, i appreciate you checking it out.....

seems every time i use my mark2b these days, i'm coaxing a new sound out of it, and it's weird to be doing that still, after 28 years!

one bump, before i take this one down.....

oh yea, one quick note about the recording:

i normally don't mess with heavy compression on lead guitar tracks, as the amp is always saturated enough..
but on the last solo, i just experimented with pedalboard compression (barber tone press), power amp compression, and then added compression with a dbx unit, and hit it hard.

sounded pretty cool, i played the whole solo with my fingers, no pick.

tho, quite noisy on the track solo'd, you don't hear it in the mix.

i might have to try some ultra saturated experiments, based off of that one.
i thought it'd be too distorted, but actually, it didn't really add any distortion at all, just this insane sustain....
yep, experiment time!

Old BF Shred

thanks man... appreciate the comments.
i'm gonna tweak this one a bit more this weekend....

frosty
thanks man. this was a fun arrangement for sure....

ifreedom-
appreciate the listen.
you know, the lead on THIS one, is a combination of the boogie compression, and the pedal, and i hit the outboard compressor pretty hard!
normally, i NEVER compress lead guitar going in.
but, i didn't use a pick for the 2nd half solo, i just used the side of fingernail, and the outboard compression really brought that out....
kinda like 'glancing blows' across the string, the compressor made it really pop.
i don't think i'd use that effect very often, but it was kinda cool to play with....

6string-
thanks a lot. glad you dig it.

Latest posts

Back