New Roadster in the house !!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennq45

Reaction score
Well I finally got around to amp shopping and was planning on the RK II. Then low and behold I saw a Roadster 2X12 sitting there and contimplated on getting rid of the Recto-Verb. Well an hour later its a done deal. I Just checked the serial # and it is VR 000616. Upon checking with Mesa's site I see that its needs a recall repair. Geeze I really hate taking my amp to get fixed since I am an amp tech. Question... has anybody had this mod done and how long did it take? I'm bummed.

First off, congrats!

The service bulletin is nothing major from what I understand. It is simply adding a resistor somewhere in the circuit to increase longevity of the amp. Any authorized Mesa repair shop should have it done for you in about 20 minutes. Since it sounds like you have a little experience working under the hood of these bad boys, I'm sure Mesa can just send you a resistor and a schematic of where it goes.

The serial number on my Roadster is 000671 so mine was the second one to leave the factory with the mod already done. Good timing I guess.

Happy jam'n!

Congrats on the killer new amp!! Check with whom you purchsed it through they may have already done the repair. When I got mine it fell into the repair number catogory and I called the shop and they told me it was already done.Good luck to ya and again congratulations on the Roadster.

The mod isn't done. They called me and let me know I need to have it done. I will be checking in there tomorrow considering they gave me a Road King controller instead of the proper one. They may let me do the mod myself since I know the manager. I hope so. I traded in the Recto-Verb II head in on the Roadster 2 X 12 combo. Its nice it has a little fan to keep the tubes cool. Tonight I am swapping tubes to see what happends! Roadster fans... feel free to chime in!!

Sorry to hear about the mix-ups, are the fans on the combo only?I dont have one on my Roadster head and I've heard of the fan being mentioned and was curious.What tubes are ya installing?

I swapped the power tubes for the SED =C= 6L6. I was going to change the pre-amps too but I wanted to play. Well one of the pre-amp tubes is bad. When I take it off of standby, it sounds like I'm frying my breakfsast in there. I will sort that out tomorrow and after the holidays, a call to Boogie about the tubes. One thing I nowticed though, Boogie is mixing pre amp tubes. I found a mix of Russian and Chinese preamp tubes in there.

Yeah thats how my Roadster was too with the mixed pre's.Right on with the Sed 6l6s! On my journey through tube swapping I like those the best in my Roadster.I recently put a Jan 12ax7WA in my V1 and love it! Its a great tube for blues and cleans.I had the Tung sol in there which is better for heavy stuff actually I have them in my V3 and V4 and they rock.I really like the Sed 12ax7s at the end of the chain too I have one in V5 and a Jan 5751 in V6 which definately cleaned things up.

Back