New Recording, LoG Descending Cover with the Mark IV!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlosMRG

Reaction score
Since i'm having so much fun doing this i decided to try one of my favorite LoG songs next with same setup which is my Mesa Mark IV, my new charvel san dimas (Duncan JB/59) and a good old MD421, the only pedals i used was my carbon copy delay for the lead part as usual, the rest is just the amp and so far i don't see or feel the need to add anything else this thing just sounds amazing! Again i wasn't going for a 100% reproduction of their sound, in fact this one sounds allot different but imo i think its one of the best souding ones so far. I used both Pro Tools and Audition 3 to edit and run the whole thing trough a multi band compressor and do the dynamic EQ FX in the intro.. i really hate how soundclick compresses files down to 128 bit.. it seriously sounds better in wave or 320k allot clearer and more definition and detailed, but i guess its cool since its free. I played all guitars of course and the rest is LoG Producer Edition tracks, let me know what you think!

Instrumental version: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7405302

Full band version: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7405313

Your tone is there. But I think what you need is to capture more of the speaker movement. The rhythm guitars are not jumping out of my monitors even though I turned up ur track pretty loud.

Sounds good but think the guitars could be a little louder. They are a tad buried. Good playing!

thanks for the comments! and as for the speaker comment.. well you gotta remember this is a open back cab, and they tend to sound slightly less tight and have a bit less punch in them than if i we're to plug it in a closed back cab, as for making the guitars louder i guess i can agree with this, but i figured the overall mix sounded better with guitars just slightly toned down like i did here, especially on the vocal mix.. and you don't hear the subtle background tracks if i crank the guitars up too loud... i'm not trying to drown everything just to show off how good the amp sounds, i'm actually trying to create a good sounding overall musical mix :p

also it sounds allot clearer and more defined in wave or higher quality audio... soundclick really drags here with 128k mp3, the difference is impressively quite noticible... to me anyhow.

CarlosMRG said:
thanks for the comments! and as for the speaker comment.. well you gotta remember this is a open back cab, and they tend to sound slightly less tight and have a bit less punch in them than if i we're to plug it in a closed back cab, as for making the guitars louder i guess i can agree with this

Absolutely. There's only so much an open back cab can accomplish for LOG tones. You're definitely pushing it.

CarlosMRG said:
i'm not trying to drown everything just to show off how good the amp sounds, i'm actually trying to create a good sounding overall musical mix :p

Seconded. It sounds good. Guitarist, when they mix and when u let them control their on stage amp volume, turn their guitar up too loud. People do not come to gigs or buy CD's to listen to the finer points of the guitar tone. Not everyone is a Mesa tone obsessive. They come/buy for the band, so its nice if u can hear everyone else as well.....Good work man.

What mic's did u use for everything?

I agree that the guitars seemed a little quiet in the mix but the tone and playing were killer. Nice job man. 8)

thanks for the cool comments! and as for what mic i used, i just used an old Sennheiser MD421.. mic placement makes the biggest difference here it took me probably 50% of the recording time to just test out mic and amp placement so that i could dial it in just right, where its a open back cab like i said placing the amp close or further away from a wall can affect the tone too.. once everything is set you just sit down, have fun and record! This has got to be one of my favorite amps to record so far.. and to think i used to be a marshall guy, this amp just completely converted me lol although marshalls have their own place this thing just sounds huge and i love it

Latest posts

Back