New Mini Rec Owner : some questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robotik

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am a new Mini Rec owner and new to the forum. Pardon if my questions had been discussed. Kinda new to hi-gain tube amp so please guide me accordingly.

1. When I turn on power and standby, both two channels of 10W hums and no guitar sound coming out. Even if my guitar cord unplugged, it still hums. No guitar sound in 25W too. After around 10 minutes or so, hum stops on 10w and then guitar will sound. Is this normal? Would it really take around 10 minutes for it to work? Bad tube? Some tube amps I tried will sound in a few seconds.

2. There's pop when switching channels in 25w. Is this normal? Any work around to stop or minimize pop?

3. A little hum in 25W normal?

Thanks. I appreciate your response.

The pop IIRC is normal on the first time switching each time you turn the amp on. I rarely switch channels and even more rarely use 25W. But I think I remember that happening once upon a time with mine.

The hum/startup time is definitely not normal, and there was an issue with power drops/cuts on 10W that Mesa identified and came up with a fix for earlier models: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=63561&hilit=mini+rec+10+watt although that may not be your issue.

One of the best things about Mesa is their tech support and customer service. Call them.

Sorry you're having problems with your Mini Rec, but I'm sure they can help you sort it. My Mini Rec is the single best overall amp I've ever owned.

Hi, welcome to the board!

The popping is definitely not normal. It is supposed to make a pop only the first time when the channels are switched. In fact, my Mini is being currently serviced because of that problem. Regarding the 10W mode hum, there is some almost inaudible hum in that mode, but nothing major.

Back