New Mesa Owner - Troubled by hiss

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be cables, I found a culprit on mine which was the speaker cable. It was a brand new cable but cheap.

Not an issue anymore. I took it back and now have an Lone Star. No where near the "noise". I belive it was tube noise?

The 5:25 may be a very versatile amp, if you don't need to max it out.

Strat N My Stuff said:
Not an issue anymore. I took it back and now have an Lone Star. No where near the "noise". I belive it was tube noise?

The 5:25 may be a very versatile amp, if you don't need to max it out.
Congrats on that. I just sold my triple and bought a Fender MH. Took it back and got a Dual rec yesterday. It was supprising to hear hiss coming from a brand new head.

I agree. Immagine my :shock: when I plugged the new LSC in, the jewel light came on, I waited 45 seconds, flipped the Stand By and NOTHING! None of that hiss to complain about, cause there was nothing. :evil: Then I thought about trying to get the boxed amp in the car, and how that didn't work so I had to unbox the amp in the parking lot and it just did fit in the passenger seat so I could keep it. I unplugged it, checked the tubes for good seating, and Bwanggggggg!!!!!!!!! I looked like Michael J. Fox in the first Back To The Future, I had turned the volume and gain to max, as well as the guitar. It was only midnight :oops:

Latest posts

Back