New Mesa Boogie rumor

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchman

Reaction score
Copy and pasted from another web site:

New From Mesa Boogie!
Got an inside tip about this from an industry buddy..... New from Mesa Boogie, the six channel Ballbuster. Three 1/4" inputs - low, normal, and active. Channels are "warm clean", "brite clean", "dirty clean", "crunch", "lead", and "molten". Each channel has it's own dedicated gain, bass, mid-bass, middle, mid-high, treble, presence, master, and sweepable 3 band parametric eq section. Each channel also has mini toggle switches for normal/boost, warm/brite, and rhythm/lead settings. Each channel also has it's own individual standby switch. Speaker outputs are provided for 2ohm, 4ohm, 8 ohm, 16 ohm, and 24 ohm loads. Both a parallel and series effects loops is included with sensitivity and output controls for each. The 6 output tube sockets will accept any combination of octal based output tubes each with its own bias adjustment points on the rear panel. A built in variac is also included that allows you to set the input voltage anywhere between 98 and 120 VAC. Pentode, triode, 1/2, and 1/4 power switches are also housed on the rear panel. Depending on the input voltage, power settings, bias adjustment, and output tubes used the amps power rating can be anywhere between 6 and 120 watts. A footswitch is included that allows remote selection of channel as well as allowing the user to place any or all channels in standby mode. Available now only as a long head but plans are underway to offer it in 1x12, 2x12, 4x10, and 6x8 combo formats. Price for the head only is $2,499 MSRP. Will be unveiled at Winter NAMM. Here's a concept rendering

MB.jpg

Fixed it

I do believe this was a joke.....intended for mature audiences..Or maybe not???

i'll tell you what mesa should do..... put a midi system in the roadster and the RK and maybe even the Mark IV like the ENGLs have and the new Marshall JVM.... that would infact make the ultimate amp.... atleast for me

jdurso said:
i'll tell you what mesa should do..... put a midi system in the roadster and the RK and maybe even the Mark IV like the ENGLs have and the new Marshall JVM.... that would infact make the ultimate amp.... atleast for me

I second this...

Actually the ultimate amp to me would be something like a Road King II but with Ch 3 replaced by a Mark IV or IIC+'s lead channel. Then, add MIDI switching and the ability to recall settings ala the H&K Switchblade. I'd get rid of my RKII in a heartbeat and pay the extra to get something like this if they ever did it... It would totally eliminate the need for crazy switching systems and multiple amps etc.

Clear proof it's a joke:

Dutchman said:
The 6 output tube sockets will accept any combination of octal based output tubes each with its own bias adjustment points on the rear panel.

Randall Smith would never sign off on adjustable bias. :lol:

Tabs said:
jdurso said:

I second this...

Actually the ultimate amp to me would be something like a Road King II but with Ch 3 replaced by a Mark IV or IIC+'s lead channel. Then, add MIDI switching and the ability to recall settings ala the H&K Switchblade. I'd get rid of my RKII in a heartbeat and pay the extra to get something like this if they ever did it... It would totally eliminate the need for crazy switching systems and multiple amps etc.

I 100% agree with adding a mark iv/mark IIC+ voicing to the 3rd channel of the RK... that with the midi switching capability would be the holy grail.... i bet mesa could keep that under 3000 too.... which if you compared to the 3500 for the ENGL or 4500 for the Diezel VH4... plus none of those amps utilize both EL34s and 6L6s at the same time.... and while the switchblade and JVM are under 2000, the switchblade to me doesnt compare to the tonal quality and variety of the RK and the JVM is just a glorified TSL. They claim you can work with 12 different voicings but if you actually test drive one you quickly realize you really only have 4 voicings of which only 2 are worth your time..... the reverb sucks and the variety of tones is just not in the same league as the RK..... plus the construction of that amp is piss poor.... Marshall seriously needs to rethink the construction of their amps because most of the parts are just cheap plastic.

Anomaly said:
jdurso said:
i could do without a speaker emulation for recording..... but the reverb is also a killer idea

Build in Power Soak/Attenuator :twisted:

thats also a good idea...... Randall if you read this board get on top of these ideas because an amp like that would once and for all prove to be the most versitile amp ever built..... and you should call it The Marshall Killer

You people have GOT to be kidding. Using an amp doesn't have to be rocket science. jeez.

Latest posts

Back