New Mark IV problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The warranty on that amp WOULD have been transferrable if someone had not hacked it up. You will never get warranty service on it now.

Something is bringing the "C" power source down by about 10v and then it fluctuates up to normal level. When this fluctuation in "C" happens ..the amp makes it's noise.

I'm sure it would be easy for a knowledgable tech to trace down the problem pretty quickly, but I am no tech. I think at this point I need to have it professionally serviced. The tech in my area says he is backed up for "a good long while"..and he doesn't seem *intimately* familiar with the Mark IV series anyway.

The GREAT news is that I contacted the dealer it was ordered thru and I have a copy of the original sales reciept coming being sent to me next week - at the request of the original buyer :D . The dealer stated that the amp was in fact custom ordered in Novenber and was picked up from that dealer in late January. So hopefully this problem will be covered under the warranty. Will I be able to take it (or send it) to an authorized service center other than the local one? If so..when I send it out should I send the chassis only?

AJ_Newkirk said:
pin 1 is fluctuating between 244 - 250v and pin 6 fluctuates from 279 - 285 or so.
Something is causing an oscillation,which is basically an unwanted signal going thru the amp,that is causing the voltage to fluctuate.

I had issues with my New Mark IV. I sent the POS back to dealer/Mesa. Mine has a static noise one all 3 channels and had an AM radio tone. I am still waiting for my new one to arrive...which I may just sell once it gets in my hands :?:

Had a Fender Blues Deluxe on the bench this morning; turn it on and it sounded like the ocean was going to splash out of the speaker. This would last about 5 minutes and it would be fine after warming up. Problem found: bad solder joint in signal path. Tool used to find problem: chopstick. Tool used to fix problem: 20watt soldering pencil. Time spent on repair: 20 minutes

Latest posts

Back