New Mark IV and G System Clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kk

Reaction score
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=763302

Check the song "Diamonds"...

Let me know what you think.

Thank you for listening.

I really liked it! Very smooth sounding. Care to share your settings?

For Clean:

R1 GAIN: 8.5 PULLED
TREBLE: 7.5
BASS: 2.5
MID: 2.5
PRESENCE:0

For Lead:

LEAD GAIN: 7 PULLED
LEAD DRIVE: 7 PULLED
TREBLE: 7.5
BASS: 4.5
MID: 2.0
PRESENCE:8 PUSHED

EQ on for both with a "medium" V.

Global settings: Tweed Power, Triode, Simulclass, Midgain, master volumes 2-4 and output on 1ish...

mic'd with a sm-57. .5 cm away from speaker grill, directly on center of cone.

Lemme know if you have any other questions... Thank you for the feedback.

I used the Mark IV combo which has the Mesa / Electro Voice Black Shadow 200 Watt speaker.

As for guitars, I used two guitars, panned one left and one right. I used a Guild w/ DeArmond humbuckers set to bridge position. The other guitar I used is actually a cheap OLP Ernie Ball Music Man knock-off. It actually tracks pretty nicely with a little more sizzle than the Guild... Also used bridge position humbucker pick ups.

Wow man, that was very cool. Both the tone and the playing were spot on. I have to say that I really enjoyed listening to the track.
Can I ask what you did for the drums?

Hey Frank: Thanks for the complements. Much appreciated. I get better feedback at these boards than I do with my girlfriend at home! ha ha...

I used Toontracks EZ drummer software for drums... Now I am giving away all my secrets! I dig the program and would recommend it for being able to quickly audition relevant drum patterns and build drum tracks. I will say though, most of the stuff I do is pretty straight forward 4/4 type stuff... Some tunes I have done with different time signatures with my band, I can't seem to get out of EZ drummer...

Latest posts

Back