new LSC owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optoguitar

Reaction score
well, its on the way, have it in a week. LSC 1-12 standard blue w/ grey grille. so tempted by the special, i just need that big 6l6 tone. took me awhile to decide, that's for sure. they seem to sound really good with the output set low, that's the icing on the cake for me. a monster amp that can be used at home. can't wait!

Congratulations on the new amp. I have a black and tan LSC 2 x 12 combo and I must say it is the best sounding amp that I have ever owned. I went through six amps on my quest for my ultimate tone before I stumbled across this amp. This amp has cured my G.A.S.. Now I just need to sell all my other amps because they just don’t get used anymore.

Congratulations! I hope you have as much fun with your LSC as I have had with my LSC 2x12. I had the LSS but the 84's were not for me. Fender TRRI was real good too but no breakup tone without going deaf. The LSC is the best amp I have ever plugged into. Tone for days. This amp can do anything. I don't use any stomps anymore either.
Good Luck and enjoy

You're gonna love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had mine a little over 6 months now. Still puts the biggest smile on my face. It's like the endless honeymoon. Just love to fire up that bad boy and enjoy the tone. Everything sounds great through it.

Enjoy It!

I continue to find more depth and options on my LSC 2x12. I had an LSS for about a month and then tried out an LSC just to hear the difference and it was, to me, no question after that. Like the others, I use a Hotplate and that helps keeping the nice driven tone at home use levels.

If you really like the el84 sound, you can always get some THD yellowjackets. That is a level of versatility that the LSS doesn't have. The LSC can power 6L6, EL34, 6V6 or el84 (with converters) - so you have that many more options available!

CodeTitan, can you post a picture of that black and tan? I've been thinking about ordering an different cab than the blue/silver.

Glad to hear you like it. I have a 2x12 and love it. I am fortunate to be able to play it pretty loud in my basement, so I have never used a hotplate. Although, I think it sounds great at lower volumes as well. This is my second Mesa, and it really is sensitive to the interaction of the tone controls (which I am sure you have read.) The controls look simplistic, but they are very powerful. Just keep tweaking, but if you stumble on to a sound you really like, make sure you take notes of the settings!

cnumb44 said:
CodeTitan, can you post a picture of that black and tan? I've been thinking about ordering an different cab than the blue/silver.

Cnumb44, here is the picture that you requested:
RigFront.jpg

Very Nice PIX CodeTitan. I do like that combination - it is a classic look.

Back