New Lonestar Special

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle

Reaction score
Woooooo....Hoooooo! Just brought home a LSS this weeekend. I can't quit smiling. Awesome tone! I am really digging it. Got one slight aggravation though. On some low notes, I get a weird vibratiion. I can put my foot on the front of the cabinet where the logo is located and it will stop. Tried removing the Mesa logo and it still does it. Anyone else have this issue? It may just need some foam tape between the amp chasis and the cabinet in front. Any ideas or experience with this greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kyle,

Congrats.

I would call Mesa. They will want to know for manufacturing improvement reasons and they may already know what's causing it.

Plus they are great to talk with and very helpful and friendly.

chedgeco... 8)

Thanks Chedgeco. I called Mesa and they suggested putting two more screws into the backside of the panel holding the logo to better secure the speaker panel to this "logo" panel. It worked! If anyone else has this problem, let me know and I will post more details.

I recently got a 1-12 LSS and love it. Great tone, awesome reverb and a looker as well:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery/gallery.php?id=334

I got lucky at the store. The store I hang at, ordered it like that. There is another on the Mesa website like mine, but with a lighter stained maple front and wicker front!

How is the low end on the LSS? I just sold a class A THD Univalve because no matter what I did all I got was a muddy low end. I've been told this is typical for class A amps in general.

My main rig for the past 20 years has been a MIIC+ which sounds amazing, however, it is way too loud for my current needs, Bedroom and small club settings.

Also how is the amp in turms of clean/break up with the volume control on the guitar pushing it?

From Fishbookmark:
Also how is the amp in turms of clean/break up with the volume control on the guitar pushing it?

Mine Works great. I'm using a PRS Custom 22 and PRS EGII. It seems to be very sensitive to pickups and configurations as well. As far as low end muddiness, I haven't noticed any unless I've got it dialed in, but it's all subjective. I love mine. It's great! Try one out if you can find one. Then, if you fall in love, you better buy it on the spot or be willing to wait awahile on a custom order. I bought it on the spot! :D

Latest posts

Back