New Line 6 amp....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a line 6 spider III and the fbv footswitch,

Line 6 gives u great tone, except all the line 6 products i have are sketchy. In other words, i can have a plastic part break off, a nut fall off, and have just electronical errors. I would never buy a line 6 amp again=) I was at a gig, and someone bumped into my amp. THe whole entire guitar jack fell inside! Now, that was a biiitchhh to get back in. And in the end, we got banned from t he place for starting very, very late.

ilovemysg said:
And in the end, we got banned from t he place for starting very, very late.

Dang, that sucks.

Never had much quality issues with Line 6, but I've found myself disliking the amp simulators for live shows as time goes on. I ditched the amp sims for just the tube preamp setting and used my Podxt just for effects. The MG Marshall gave me a better sounding distortion IMHO.

^^good choice

another thing if u needed to crank up this amp real loud, you would lose quality.

its the same thing as if u wanted to make a 4 inch picture a foot, it would break up. when i have to crank my 1x12 i lose soo much quality. Though its a valve, im really not sure if that would happen.

mic-ing your amp will work though, thats what ive been doing lately, setting the volume at like 3 a nd miking it.

ok finally got to give one a whirl... first impression was the distrotions had life to them.... i played a vetta for a while which i could find some kick *** tones in but it always lacked the response of a tube..... i also felt like the amp had a blanket over it which could be resolved by some cab mods (menaing modded code for the cab modelling) but it was never quite there..... that has definitely been improved but.... BUT..... i found some of the cleans and pushed cleans a little harsh..... the cleans now sound way more digitized compared to the gain channels..... the gain is definitely improved but there is still more there to be desired..... overall great amp for the money.... the effects are decent...... i think if they take the whole tube/modelling concept and apply it to the vetta series they'll be onto something...... still doesnt compare in the least to an Axe-FX but its also half the price.... for the money if you want a nice practice amp or an amp to play at low levels for those late night jam/writing session its a great option

OK, I tried a Spider III based on ytse-jams Iron Maiden/DT combo for Wickerman. I didn't want to like this thing, but it was fun.

So coming across this post I have a couple of questions that I hope you guys can answer.

Is there a spider III with a line out for an 8 ohm cab?
Would the 40w Spider valve 1x12 need a certain amount of volume to drive the gain or would it sound good at any volume like the Spider III?
Is it editable like a POD or J-Station via Laptop or PC?
Will the FBS Express allow me to bank my own settings?
FBV shortboard Vs. FBS Express?

Here's my dilema. I was all set to buy a Roadster. I love my 2Ch DR but man I just have to drive it to get to a saturation I like. My wife however doesn't appreciate just how good this sounds when driven like this, go figure.

What interested me was the fact that I could plug an mp3 player into it to play along with my favorite stuff and use head phones. I guess tinkering with the Spider III has got me in the mood for a "practice" amp and generated the questions above. If I buy a Line 6 Product the 2Ch is staying.

Tried the Spider III 120 2x12 Combo and 40w Spider Valve 1x12 side by side today. The Spider Valve IMO sounds a little better, but not much. Kind of like a Gremlin being better than a Pacer. For only 40w you still need a little volume to get a decent distortion.

I was trying the Spider III combo and the thing blew a fuse! My Fender Sidekick 65 lasted at least 15 years before blowing a tube! Money is money to me. Anytime something goes wrong in a store is usually enough to keep me away from a product. Period.

I find it funny that Bogner's name is on the amp and there are no Bogner Models. The more I listened to both amps, the more I realized neither is for me. Sad really as I was looking forward to decent tone at low volume. Modeling is a way's off yet. My J-Station and a set of head phones sounds just as good IMO.

AmericanMotors-logo_1970-1987.jpg

Anomaly said:
I've read that on Line 6's forums. If you listen to Axe FX's clips on there website and forums, there samples are unbelievable(?). I'm a huge U2 fan and this guy at Youtube is nailing all of Edge's tone with just Axe FX. bit pricey though.

The first thing that comes to mind when I hear the Edge's tone is not hollow-state electronics. His signal is so processed that one could amplify it with a seventies budget bookshelf stereo, and it would sound the same. :)

i read on another forum that some guy was considering trading out his mark iv for one of these. so either he is crazy...or i am. tell me hes crazy

Latest posts

Back