New JJ KT-77 power tubes - got a set!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be putting JJ KT77's from Eurotubes into my Stiletto Ace later this week. I can't wait to hear them!

i have a quad of kt77s serving black metal
theyre okay.

sounds like i should get rid of my jj high gain front end?
lots of people here like dougs it seems

maybe get a couple 6v6s?
i might try an integrated quad, too..

can anyone comment on what the recto sound is like with KT77s? By recto I meaning modern voicings, do they compare to the 6L6 at all? This could be a deciding factor for me, if I can still get a great tight thick heavy recto sound, im ready to pull the trigger 8)

Boogiebabies said:
Sounds like a Sylvania/ GE 6CA7 test to me. I have no idea why JJ would issue a KT77. How many amps do you remember coming with them.
I may have to get a set and run the piss out of them before I sound like a
cork sniffer.

Thanks for the review.

Why not try a set? The price is dirt cheap! For those sitting on the fence, a closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose...why not drink the whole bottle after sniffing the cork?

If I knew a tenth as much as Boogiebabies does about mesa amps I'd be very thankful. Talk about a guru...

Just put a set of JJ KT77's in my Mark IV Custom in the Class A Sockets...along with my Philips 6L6WGB Small Bottle Military Grade in the two middle sockets and JJ Preamp 12AX7's.

The KT77's were to replace a set of JJ E34L in the Class A sockets I've used for 5 years - which has been brilliant...

However, I always thought the clean tone suffered a bit with the E34L's - the KT77's seem to have solved that - gig it this weekend to really go for them (running with as THD Hotplate)...

Burning them in now in the house, getting a bit of heat in them BUT not used to having to wear earplugs in the house lol - the Mark IV is SO loud but SO creamy...love it :)

Brian :)

Back