New head, or better cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melvin1011

Reaction score
Currently I have a Stiletto Deuce stage 1, which I love, but I was thinking of getting another Boogie for modern hard rock like some sort of Rectifier, but I have a dilemma because I should probably upgrade my cab (Marshall 2x12 with v30's) because I don't really like it. So its down to either get another amp which I want, or a cab to match my Stiletto which I need. I can't afford both at the moment.

i put tong sol 12ax7s in v1 and v2 of my stiletto deuce series 1, and it can do the crushing rec. thing in spades now, just my thoughts, tube the amp with higher quality tubes then mesa, get a nice new cab, and kick ***

I'd try a new cab with a retube! Take it step by step though!

Read my thread I just made! Might help a bit, as it is a similar situation!

so a stiletto with other tubes such as tung sols go into recto territory easily?

in fact..I've got to admit..that I don't want any pedal to disturd me...lol
so the only thing I can do for example for a stiletto ace is to change the tubes and put 6CA7.....and a tung sol in V1....
so every mesa is close to another?
so a lonestar can do mark IIC+?

unforunately I haven't tried a lonestar yet...so I cannot tell...but theres a setting on this site called warm heavy sound and I've notice it is on clean mode concerning the drive and not on "high gain"...
so I presume it can get vene more brutal....
the only thing is I'd like to know if someone has tried this setting with the lonestar...and tell me how heavy it is..

Back