New guy here.......

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailmann1971

Reaction score
Just joined a couple days back.
Been all over alot of other boards (Randall Forum) Rig Talk and done tons of deals there.
I actually recognize a few guys here from those boards.
Really want to get into the Boogie amps.
Mostly looking for a Mark III head.
I am selling (or trading) my mint JCM800 2203kk amp in hopes of scoring a Mark III.
I have only heard the Blue stripe one but it sounded amazing.
Are the gain/voice on the Mark III's pretty similar? We play alot of heavy music and dont really care for a clean channel too much. So what one would fit that description the best?
Thanks in advance for your input.

Dan

I'm new here as well. :shock: Just signed up the other day. Here's a shot of my rig.
MK I / MKIV.... 8)

75115.jpg

Sweet set up!
I have a Rivera KR7 and a Marshall JCM800(for sale/trade) at the moment.
Been playing for 28 years and have owned a TON of gear. Now I have my sights on owning a Mark III head! :wink:

Shouldnt take long to sell that Marshall and round up the funds on hand and wait for that 'perfect' sale to come along! :D

I am new here and new to Mesa/Mark 3 as well. Mine is a blue stripe. It is agressive as can be. I have it dialed to sound like Metallica live tone with more mids. Set this way, cleans have a little grit, but thats how I like em anyway! Very Metal! If you can swing it and keep the 800, that's what I'd do as versatility is nice and with those 2 amps there isn't a tone out there you couldn't cop. That said, I can get a pretty convincing marshall tone out of the mark as well. :twisted:

I would keep the Marshall but Channel two on that Rivera covers the Hot rod Marshall VERY NICE! :mrgreen:

I loved that Blue stripe when I heard it a few months back....dammit should of bought that instead of the ENGL FIREBALL 100.....
Oh well...was gassing for that ENGL at that time. :wink:

Oops! missed the part on the rivera! A killer amp as well. Btw, when I say the cleans have grit, backing off the volume knob 1 number on my guitar or using my coil tap brings it back to a black face shimmer. This is the only clean I've ever heard that I don't want any reverb to cover up its dynamics.

well after weeks of searching....found a Red Stripe Mark III head thats loaded. Scheduled to be delivered on Friday. Feel like a Kid at Xmas! :wink:

CRobbins said:
I'm new here as well. :shock: Just signed up the other day. Here's a shot of my rig.
MK I / MKIV.... 8)

75115.jpg

PRS & Boogie....the two that were meant to be. :D

All the Best,
~Nep~

Got the Mesa Mark III Red stripe head last week.
TOTALLY LOVE IT!
Has a great tone and fits in well with my Rivera KR7. :mrgreen:

Back