New Guitar Day (finally brought it home...)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaz

Reaction score
Finally brought home my new Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 yesterday... took some decent pics of it today for the world to see. :) Probably the best playing (and sounding!) guitar I've ever played.

PRSNew1.jpg

PRSNew2.jpg

PRSNew3.jpg

PRSNew4.jpg

PRSNew5.jpg

MopHead said:
beautiful guitar,
always wanted one but i think i cant justify it right now with my sh!t playing :D

Hey if you can work hard for one and bring it home you deserve it!

Beautiful. Enjoy it.
I've always figured to get the "Blue" one...when and if I go PRS...love that color.

Kaz said:
MopHead said:
beautiful guitar,
always wanted one but i think i cant justify it right now with my sh!t playing :D

Oh i work hard , just get weird glances from my better half when i make these types of purchases which seem to be often lately hehe,

Sweet guitar, exact color id go for too!
8)

MopHead said:
Kaz said:
MopHead said:
beautiful guitar,

Oh i work hard , just get weird glances from my better half when i make these types of purchases which seem to be often lately hehe,

Sweet guitar, exact color id go for too!
8)

hehe I know what you mean, but sometimes you've just gotta give in. Inspiring guitars = fun. And yes, whale blue ROCKS! Ironically, the day I got this, a PRS Private Stock I'd been trying to find went back on the market...(not that I could afford it).

Beautiful guitar man!!! Prs is top notch and they play and sound as good as they look. I have a custom 24 and im currently saving up for a singlecut.

just curious what was the price tag on that?

Good friend of mine trying to sell me his prs custom 24 for 1600$ (canadian dollars)

Im so tempted, its pretty minty too i think hes just had it packed away for some time.
Im thinking i might go for it , hard to pass up a deal... 8)

MopHead said:
just curious what was the price tag on that?

Good friend of mine trying to sell me his prs custom 24 for 1600$ (canadian dollars)

Im so tempted, its pretty minty too i think hes just had it packed away for some time.
Im thinking i might go for it , hard to pass up a deal... 8)

Hi,

I am also in Vancouver... for 1600...wow....get it....I paid almost 2400 Canadian (NEW) for my Standard 22 PRS...... to me PRS are the cream of the crops

yeah its a good friend and hes a collector so i know he doesnt buy fakes or lower end stuff. ,
I had the chance to play it last night and it sounds amazing! Really impressed of how big it sounded on a tiny blues jr amp i was plugged into.

Wait ce? i thought ce's were the ones with the flat top ? this one is rounded like all the high end prs 24s ive seen...
Going to make sure its an actual 24 standard before i go ahead and do this, ce's are cheap arent they?

MopHead said:
yeah its a good friend and hes a collector so i know he doesnt buy fakes or lower end stuff. ,
I had the chance to play it last night and it sounds amazing! Really impressed of how big it sounded on a tiny blues jr amp i was plugged into.

Wait ce? i thought ce's were the ones with the flat top ? this one is rounded like all the high end prs 24s ive seen...
Going to make sure its an actual 24 standard before i go ahead and do this, ce's are cheap arent they?

the flat top ones are SE's "made in Korea"....they cost around 700 to 800 at LQ/TL stores here in Vancouver....

here look it up....
http://www.prsguitars.com/products/index.html

...I saw a Custom 22 with the same blue color without the birds that is listed for around 2500 Canadian...

You're gonna love it....I turned my nose up at every PRS I played for YEARS...nothing could top my Lester...that is until I got my McCarty. Yours is truly beautiful. I'm gonna selfishly post a pic of mine, so I can see in the same post how I stack up against that wonderful blue beauty you got....congrats, man...enjoy it. (PS, you've got a nicer pic of yours!)

RB

PRS_Full-1.jpg

What type of bridge is that on your PRS?

PRS is an amazing brand name. I want to tell you that if you ever want to buy one, but it sooner rather than later. Eventually they are gonna jack up their prices.

Your CE24 makes me blush.

That's a stunning guitar. PRS makes some beauties! In commemoration of your new guitar i'd like to say:

HAPPY NEW GUITAR DAY!!
testgif.gif

Latest posts

Back