New DC-5 Owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thurston

Reaction score
Hi All!
I pulled the trigger on a DC-5A combo that is en-route and due to arrive on thursday :mrgreen: !

I'm very excited to play the amp, I bought it based on user reviews and the recommendations I found in forums like this alone, since they are none in my area I could find to try out. I found a great deal on one and couldn't wait any longer (especially since I sold another amp to buy one).

This forum looks to be an amazing resource so far and I've hardly scratched the surface. I'm looking forward to learning what I can here.

I've been reading the manual and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the eq controls and their functions. Doesn't look like tweaking will be as simple as boosting or cutting treble mid and bass. The good news is that it looks like I will have a very wide range of sounds available, but it'll take some time (which I'm ok with).

I was wondering if any of you all have any tips for getting started with adjusting the eq controls. Is there a good setting to start off with?

Congrats on the new amp!

As far the DC-5 and EQing goes, it's not as complicated as you'd expect; dont let the GEQ fool you. A lot of the settings used in the manual are a great starting point.

My advice regarding the DC 5 and DC 10

1. Drop the mids!!! The DC is the most mid-heavy amp Ive ever played through.
2. Use a tubescreamer to tighten the bottom end. (gain at zero, level maxed.)

Latest posts

Back