New cab for my MARK IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, my name is dimos and i own a combo mark iv. I bought a 2x12 marshall 1922 cab and now i want to add a 4x12 cab but i don't want to give a fortune to the boogie cabs(i dont use the EV speaker on the amp).Has anybody tried his mark iv with a 4x12 cab other then mesa and was amazed? I am shopping from thomann.de and the prices for these cab varies from 200-1300Euro. i don't want the price to be my only measure(standard). I would also like to know how many 4x12 cabs can my Mark iv handle. Thank you and be cool!!!!!! :lol:

First I would dump the 1922 because it doesn't have the volume inside necessary to get good bottom. I would replace it with the 1936 if you wanted to stick with a Marshall 2x12. Better yet, get a Mesa 2x12 vertical. As far as 4x12s go, I have used my Mark IV with various Marshall 4x12 cabs both slant and straight with various speaker combos. It really depends upon what tone you are looking for and where you want the emphasis of your sound to be. Speaker selection will definitely play a role in your sound. I have greenbacks for when I want to play leads, v30s and 75s for more or less rhythm playing, and 65s for general use but they lean more towards a solid rock tone. My suggestion is to go out and try some different stuff but be sure to play them all at the volume that you wish to play at because speakers act differently at volume.

Back