New - and my amp - Mark IIC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocklogic

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm a new mesa owner, after playing so many of them, finally I have one that I can call my own!

I got this up in a trade, it's a MKIIC, 60watts with reverb, black shadow speaker.

The only bad news is, as documented by the previous seller, that it had gone some serious modding by the previous previous owner (probably to add more gain and turn it into a MKIII :shock: :shock: :shock: )

But a full schematic was tracked down, and it has been returned to original spec & serviced. Has had a cap job and retubed with JJ tubes.

I was a tad bit hesitant, concerned with the 'mod' and what impact it would have on the tone, but hey, the seller came by and I plugged in, had a bit of a fiddle - perfect!

IMG_2296.jpg

that's the owner's photo, haven't really gotten around to take gut shots n everything...

and I've got a matching cab with EV speakers as well.

So, hopefully I'll get to know mesas more in-depth through this forum, and I thought I'll just say hi.

I'm in Melbourne, Australia by the way, so yeah... Cheers!

Hey mate!

I've seen that amp somewhere... Melband perhaps? I frequent there, only really to see what Mesa gear goes on sale!

Welcome, and enjoy the amp!

chris.

Hi!

I thought it might be a C+, but looking at the serial number 113** and from the effects loop test, it's a IIC. Happy with its sound in any case, really sweet clean tones and I can get amazing lead tones when pushed right as well!

And yes, I got it off Melband!

Cheers
Robin

Nice score. I've been GASing for a IIb/C/C+ for a long time. I remember passing on a IIb head for $500 in 94 because I already had the rack setup with a studio pre.

Scott

Back