New amps for 2008???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think they will re-issue any old models for 2008?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

metalblitz84

Reaction score
I've started a poll to see who thinks Mesa will put out a re-issue for anything since they've taken off the Mark I and Bass 400+. Tell me what you think!

That's what I thought originally too, but I emailed Mesa and they said they are definitely not re-issuing the mark IIC+. He said I can't reveal anything at this time to keep checking the website and watch the NAMM show in January.

So my guess is if they were to re-issue it would either be a Mark series or caliber series. Anything else would seem kind of pointless to re-issue in my opinion.

I was thinking... A progressive Linkage stereo power amp with 6L6, EL34, EL84. Simul-Class, Class A, Triode, Pentode, Tweed(Spongy), Bold(Full power), a myriad of voicing and wattage options, and cabinet switching. If I missed anything please add :p

Basically the Road King and Mark IV power sections put together! with a few things added.

Maybe thats asking too much :lol:

A Maverick with 6V6s and the option to shut off two of the four tubes. I don't think you would need to change the circuit much, just the sockets. Too many micro switches on the Lonestars and Expresses. Bring back simplicity please!!

Yeah, they just need to make a straight out old school killer sounding amp with the high gain strong enough to peel the skin off your balls, but do it within 6-10 knobs. Not to crap on anything they have out now-they're the best sounding amps ever built in my opinion, but I miss the classic sound and simplicity of the early marks/calibers.

guitarmaster said:
metalblitz84 said:
I emailed Mesa and they said they are definitely not re-issuing the mark IIC+.

****! No Mark IIC+ !!!!!!! I hoped in a re-issue .

They could still be re-issuing the Mark IIC+; that they said they won't only makes sense as any other answer would be giving away the news they obviously want to withhold until NAMM.

I personally don't believe they'll reissue it w/o issuing a Mark V

How about a Mark V where one of the 2 lead channels IS the IIC+ lead channel, and the new 3 channel Recto that's 3 channels with the Lonestar cleans and the Pre-500 circuit selectable as a mode on the overdrives...

...and then the used market plummets on IIC+ and P500 Rectos... :p

siggy14 said:
I have also heard there is going to be a Mark V soon from two different sources.

metalblitz84 said:
Barry said:
Look for a mark V

...do you know something we don't?!?!

I am starting to believe something may be happening with the Mark IV -- because I have not yet received my replacement Mark IV from Mesa Boogie that has been on order since like May. The one I have now came in with the cabinet cosmetically damaged.....but GC let me hold onto it until the replacement arrives. GC told me that the replacement had been pegged in their system to be here in August...and now we're nearly midway through October and still nothing.

My guess is they ran their last batch of Mark IVs earlier in the year and can't send me my replacement until they officially release the Mark V.

My only concern is, I love the Mark IV the way it is. What if I don't like the Mark V? :?

Latest posts

Back