New amp day! Studio .22

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
Got the Studio .22 I'd been wanting! I was a little disappointed when the guy showed up with it because he thought it was a .22+, and I was worried about equalizing the volumes between the rhythm and lead modes. Turns out it was an older .22 with a single master volume. However, it seemed OK to me while I was trying it out...I only had a Strat available and I usually play a Les Paul, so it wasn't really a proper test, but I'm thinking it'll be fine. No graphic EQ on this one. Basically sounded like my Studio Pre; nice cleans sort of like a darker Fender, and smooth liquid gain. Looking forward to finding out how it sounds with humbuckers but won't be able to until after I get back from NAMM. It has the original tubes in it but they seemed to sound good. The guy who sold it to me just kept it in his cottage and didn't use it as a main amp, and he says the guy who sold it to him never gigged with it. Not sure how many owners before that, if any. Paid 550, which I wouldn't call an amazing deal but I think it's reasonable.

Congrats! I'm getting ready to use mine (Studio .22+) for a series of concerts this weekend. Let us know how it works for you and if you need any tips or tweaks.

Latest posts

Back