Need help deciding on amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again for the replies...

Another quick question...

Alot of you suggest the Rectoverb to get my "tones". After looking through the Mesa website, I noticed they have another single rectifier (the Solo 50). Would that work as well? Or is it that the sound clips I've posted seem to have reverb in them? Or should I really just go for the Dual Rectifier to be sure?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge... I've been screwin' around with solid state's for years now tryin' to get those "tones" of mine.

This is a completely un-educated opinion but if money is not an issue, the dual rec seems to be the way to go for a head/cab. The few that I know that have DR's are VERY pleased. One guy refers to it as God's gift to mankinf for the new millenium 8) . Now, I'll be honest and say that I didn't like the DR as much as my ROV when I tried it out at guitar center....but I didn't particularly like the ROV until my buddy who knows Mesa's tweaked it for me. The DR seems to have a lot of versatility and considering the type of music you play, it may fit the bill. I don't think it has reverb however.

You might want to email steve turner...former tonelab owner who plays and loves the DR. His website is below.
http://www.steveturner.com.au

PanicProne said:
Thanks again for the replies...

Another quick question...

Alot of you suggest the Rectoverb to get my "tones". After looking through the Mesa website, I noticed they have another single rectifier (the Solo 50). Would that work as well? Or is it that the sound clips I've posted seem to have reverb in them? Or should I really just go for the Dual Rectifier to be sure?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge... I've been screwin' around with solid state's for years now tryin' to get those "tones" of mine.

Back