NAMM News?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dodger916 said:
There's nothing new on the website. I would think when someone becomes public (like at NAMM) the website would/should broadcast it as well.

No official press releases that I've found either. (vs. the multitude from other mfgs, e.g. Gibson with it's 15 new custom models, or Martin with it's Elvis commemorative Elvis guitars.)

The only new thing that appeared on the Mesa Boogie website is the Fathom head, for bass guitar.
Regards

Hi,

I just saw this post, and since it is new, it may or may not prove to be of interest:

http://www.youtube.com/theNAMMShowchannel

But the poster does claim he will post nightly.

igfraso said:
The only new thing that appeared on the Mesa Boogie website is the Fathom head, for bass guitar.
Regards

the fathom is the only new item they released.
no new guitar amps!
just got back to the hotel from namm

Blackheart, Roland/Boss, Radial Engineering, & Martin seems to have the best so far.

Do vendors ever stage the content such that new products are revealed on specific days or do they typically come out of the gate with all their cards showing? I just have a hard time thinking that all Mesa/Boogie has to present as new is one bass amp.

newfinator said:
Do vendors ever stage the content such that new products are revealed on specific days or do they typically come out of the gate with all their cards showing? I just have a hard time thinking that all Mesa/Boogie has to present as new is one bass amp.

I suppose it could happen that they announce something mid-NAMM. But to me it's not too surprising they don't have anything major on the guitar side. (Though maybe disappointing because it's cool to see new stuff.)

They've come out with quite a lot in recent years. The Stilettos were a big deal (new line), and they bumped it with the Ace and the Stage II. The Lonestars were a big deal (new line), and they bumped it with the Special, then the 10W on the Classic. Express series was completely new last year.

So short of yet another new series, or a major overhaul to an existing line (which is where all the Mark V rumors keep coming from), what would they add? Managing the product line undoubtedly involves analysis of market gaps (and whether they are worth $ to cover if there are any gaps), product longevity (if things change in a major way every year, users get fatigued, and it's hell on the support costs because the # of models and part inventory goes WAY up), R&D time and $, etc.

BTW, I find it hard to think they would make a Mark V? The Mark line dates WAY back. I'd like to see the sales trend over the years. The question they have to ask is "how many more Vs would we sell than IVs?" Probably not a lot actually, if the changes are minor. So it won't pay for the R&D required. Now if they changed it significantly, to the point where it was a different sound, i'm not sure it would make sense to market it as a Mark V? That series has a distinctive sound. They could probably make a lot more branding it as a new series. Of course this is just conjecture. But they haven't touched the IV in years, so I'm not sure why it would make business sense to do it now?

I suppose I could see some type of re-issue, if just to have it positioned as a boutique part of the product line. But besides the recent Mark I, which they discontinued, what other Reissues has Mesa ever done? (I just don't know). If the Mark I is the only one. It might be that they tried that experiment and didn't like the results? i.e. no more reissues?

newfinator said:

thats all she wrote man!!
maybe this year they are going to focus on putting out quality product that dosent need constant work. instead of releasing any new product.

goneloco said:
thats all she wrote man!!
maybe they are going to focus on putting out a quality product that dosent need constant work. instead of any new product

haha! As sad as it is, it is true, which makes it funny. Mesa needs to eventually learn to stop selling their prototypes to the market. I have nothing against stuff like revamping the Mark series or dual rectifier series. However, when you make two versions of the roadking back to back so quickly, to me it shows that they did not spend enough time in R&D.

haha! As sad as it is, it is true, which makes it funny. Mesa needs to eventually learn to stop selling their prototypes to the market. I have nothing against stuff like revamping the Mark series or dual rectifier series. However, when you make two versions of the roadking back to back so quickly, to me it shows that they did not spend enough time in R&D.

Agreed...as much as I love my Roadking I, the channel switching problem baffles me. How does something as crucial as that slip through the cracks? It was fixed, and is now working perfectly, but that amp **** the bed on two separate occasions. I was about to give up until I found this site and people told me what the problem was. There is nothing more stressful than being in the middle of a gig and having your amp go almost silent on you and leaving you nothing but a clean channel. To say I was pissed would be an understatement.

I appreciate that it was fixed under warranty, but again...how does that happen?

Latest posts

Back