NAMM News?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's bloody shame that they've brought nothing new in terms of updates or new models to the table for guitar players. They also have done nothing to set expectations for the future.

If I knew that a Mark V was at least a year away, if at all, then I'd be comfortable in getting a Mark IV now. I don't buy gear very often and when I do I usually don't sell it for the next thing, assuming I like it. I just save up and buy more stuff. There's nothing worse then a new 'upgraded' product being released within months of purchase. That just infuriates me.

clutch71 said:
JAZZGEAR said:
Yes, no Mark V! :lol:

......I just bought my IV late 2007 :wink:

Did you get to play it first or did you have to order it?

Oh yes, I've owned several MK IVs over the last 15 years. It's the kind of amp I just kept coming back to.

This time for good. It is a keeper!

simonich said:
newfinator said:
... But besides the recent Mark I, which they discontinued, what other Reissues has Mesa ever done? (I just don't know). If the Mark I is the only one. It might be that they tried that experiment and didn't like the results? i.e. no more reissues?

The only thing that comes to my mind, is the Mark III Special Edition. But it wasn't a reissue.

Could it be possible that there will be something released or announced on the last day? Maybe they are separating the Fathom so that it does not get lost in the excitement of another product. Just a thought.

Seriously, in terms of the economy, this is not a good time to be releasing a big-ticket Mark V... I wouldn't be surprised if they sit on it for a while.

Latest posts

Back