NAD!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebby123

Reaction score
So I sold the Axe Fx+ART Rig: And returned to the mark fanboy club :thumbsup: :rock:
I missed this amp dearley! Its my third and this ones not going anywhere. Early B version with the attached power chord!
Crappy lap top cam photo:

172449.jpg

Congrats. It feels good to be back doesn't it? I did the same thing: Sold my Mark V to go the Axe-Fx route, then about 2 weeks later, I sold the Axe and bought back my old IIC+ from a good friend. Gotta love the Mesa stuff.

mystidream said:
Congrats. It feels good to be back doesn't it? I did the same thing: Sold my Mark V to go the Axe-Fx route, then about 2 weeks later, I sold the Axe and bought back my old IIC+ from a good friend. Gotta love the Mesa stuff.

a Huge + 1 Theres nothing like mesa mark series amps!

dodger916 said:
I'm curious how you'd compare it to your other Mark IVs.

Sadly havent plugged her in yet, But i will post a review, What i find weird is it has a attached chord like a A, The triangle shaped fx loop like a B, But no Reverb switch on the back either, So is a A/B? lol.

Sebby123 said:
dodger916 said:

Sadly havent plugged her in yet, But i will post a review, What i find weird is it has a attached chord like a A, The triangle shaped fx loop like a B, But no Reverb switch on the back either, So is a A/B? lol.
I think it's called "No A/No B".

dodger916 said:
Sebby123 said:
dodger916 said:

I think it's called "No A/No B".

Im pretty sure its just a early B the serial number is 7979 so its after the 6000 mark.
Cant wait to plug her in! Amp gas is out of the way, If i can only hold myself from looking into suhr's... :twisted:

That AXE fx thing sounds awful. I'm glad that you left the dark side and came back toward the light. Congratulations. :)

for recording purposes I bet the Axe FX is sweet (never tried one, but there are good youtube vids out there)..easier to dial in a good tone if you're not familiar with pro tools, using microphones etc...but I would never want one for my live rig, I just haven't found something that feels as organic, and responds so well to the subtleties of my playing then an all tubed amp.

Nothing like the real thing. The axe fx would be fun to have if I could afford to have one around just for fun.

I love my Mark IV for sure but the Axe rocks period. I'm sure some people have made clips where the Axe sounds "awful" but there are also plenty of Mark clips that sound like **** too. BTW, sebby is selling the Mark IV again. :(

Indeed, After owning the Axe i realized i only liked the el34 amps, and going back to the IV i missed the el34 girth so im looking to getting a splawn QR. Its a great amp but my tastes have changed tis all :D

Back