NAD!! I'm Boogied once again!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryjan

Reaction score
After a few years of trying different amps I've finally come back to Boogie Land. I was able to trade my old Splawn Nitro straight across for a Roadster head. Let the learning curve begin. :lol:

Thanks man!
I forgot how hard it was to dial these things in. I'll be living in tweaksville for the next few weeks until I figure this beast's controls out. :lol:

I have a Roadster and a Splawn Quickrod too. They couldnt be any more different haha

Yeah, they're pretty much polar opposites of each other. I still have my Splawn 4x12 cab with the SB speakers. They really add a pleasant mid bump to the Recto snarl.
I tell you what. I'm really going to have to work on my chops with this amp. The Nitro played really easy and felt squishy compared to the Roadster.

Welcome back. I think it's easy to get great tones out of the roadster, however the trick is finding the one that you want. I've had mine for about 9 months and I've finally gotten it to sound like the tones I've had in my head. For me the trick was a power attenuator and 100w on each channel. Good luck.

Thanks man.
I fiddled with every knob for a couple hours last night and finally gave up. I put channel 4 on modern, 100 watt, diode and turned every knob to noon and just played. After a while I started to "get" how the amp needed to be played to bring the tone I wanted out of it. Only after that was I able to use the eq and gain to fine tune it. I have never played an amp that is as sensitive to playing style than the Roadster. I love it!!
Honeymoon is officially on. :mrgreen:

For the amount of distortion that a Recto produces its not all that compressed, which makes the amp remarkably reactive to your pick attack and muting technique. Moving from tight, thrashy rhythms to dropping huge nu-metal power cords is a simple shift in how you attack the guitar.

screamingdaisy said:
For the amount of distortion that a Recto produces its not all that compressed, which makes the amp remarkably reactive to your pick attack and muting technique. Moving from tight, thrashy rhythms to dropping huge nu-metal power cords is a simple shift in how you attack the guitar.
That's spot on.
The Recto series is perhaps the most misunderstood amp Mesa makes. :lol: It is soooo different from what I've read on these. I was expecting it to be 6505-ish but it is completely the opposite.

Can someone please tell me what "NAD" stands for? I can't find it in text speak definitions and the only other definition I can find is here: _http://www.internetslang.com/NAD-meaning-definition.asp

I see this term used here a lot and I was just wondering.

In all seriousness - thanks

screamingdaisy said:

I'm finding this to be completely true.....for all the crap people talk about Mesas, this is a really expressive amp, much more so than the 6505 I have....I'm amazed at how the tones change by just altering my pick attack. :shock:

Steinmetzify said:
screamingdaisy said:

I'm finding this to be completely true.....for all the crap people talk about Mesas, this is a really expressive amp, much more so than the 6505 I have....I'm amazed at how the tones change by just altering my pick attack. :shock:
You aint kidding.
It's really funny how people (especially on interweb forums) always seem to be experts on amps they have never played. I posted my Nitro for sale or trade on the Splawn forum and I got responses like, "you can leave your picking hand home when you play a Recto" and "oh boy those Recto's are just super saturated and mushy".
The reality is that the Nitro was easy to play, squishy, and saturated. Hell, all you had to do was breathe on the strings to get power chords to roar whereas the Roadster keeps everything you do honest.

ryjan said:
...the Roadster keeps everything you do honest.

That's the truth and that's what will make you a better player. You can't hide behind it.

knotts said:
ryjan said:
...the Roadster keeps everything you do honest.

That's the truth and that's what will make you a better player. You can't hide behind it.
Yup. I noticed my chops and picking hand have gone down hill since I sold my old Mark IV.

I had my first full band practice since I got the Roadster.
Our other guitarist plays a Road King. To say it got out of hand is an understatement. :lol:

Latest posts

Back