My Second Mesa---- Insanely good deal!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpepiman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was at Sam Ash the other day and I couldn't believe it! A Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ fully loaded amp. It's got the hardwood, wicker cane grill, Simul-Class, EQ, reverb, the works. And best of all, the TONE! I loved it so much, and I went back the next day to pick it up.!t has a road case too and all the original paperwork. It is from 1984. I think it could use some new tubes. My other Mesa is the F-50, which now stays at my drummers house. I'm so happy. I couldn't pass this deal up. It truly is some of the best tone Boogie has to offer.

Does anyone know a good brand of tubes to put in it? It has 4 no-name 6l6wgcs and 5 Ei 12ax7s now, and I want to change all of them.

Thanks, please reply.

If you want a fool proof solution to tubes, I recommend contacting Bob at www.eurotubes.com He sells JJ Electornics tubes.What he does well is that he tests and sorts all the tubes himself and does a great job of selling sets that are ready for specific amps.

I just bought a quad of tubes from him for my Mark 3 head. I chose to go with 2 6l6's for the middle class A/B sockets and two KT77's for the outer sockets.I also have E34ls' for the outer sockets but at the moment am digging the KT77's.

Bob tests many many amps, learns about them and knows what grade of tubes will bias properly in the amp.If you wants gobs of low end,then something like a Russian Sovtek EXT+ would work but I generally had lousy results with theme in Mesa amps and found JJ's to be alot more flattering in the same amps.

Yeah, I heard you can put el34s in the outer and 6l6 in the inner, or all 6l6.

Should I stay with all 6L6 power tubes?

Edit:

I just checked Eurotubes. I saw they have a full retube for Simul-Class reverb 100 watt for the Mark III with same type/amount of tubes for my Mark IIC+. Is it okay to use these for the Mark IIc+.

Also I love the prices on Eurotubes. Approximately $100 for full retube of my amp I think.

With all the money you saved, call Mesa and order up some STR-387 (?)

They're a bit pricey, but that amp will just sing!

Oh, and GREAT SCORE! 8)

Mike Bendinelli himself recommends the use of Phillips tubes I believe??
I read that in a post here recently...no time to search right now. Just call him up at the factory and he'll be the best guide for tubing that animal.

btw.....NOT FAIR. AT ALL. SAM ASH!! wtf!!!??? So lucky. I bet they didn't know what that thing was. but u sure did.

Latest posts

Back