My new Music Man JP BFR! (pics)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
I've been waiting on this one for a while now! Man, this thing has tone for days. Anyone that says the standard JP isn't much different than the BFR is on crack. This guitar owns! Sorry for the bad pictures. I'm taking some with my dad's Nikon this weekend. They should be MUCH better!

100_2359.jpg

100_2360.jpg

100_2361.jpg

100_2362.jpg

100_2363.jpg

Oh, and it was definitely worth the 5 month wait... It turned my Rectoverb into a fire breather!

Very nice! Love the finish. What pickups are they loaded with? I've yet to try a EBMM but would like to give one a demo.

I also see you still have the ROV.

Yes! I still have the RoV and love it! I've been highly impressed with it combined with my GT-8.

The pickups are Dimarzios and they are Air Norton (neck) and D-Sonic (bridge). The D-Sonic pickup is supposed to be the same as the one you can buy in stores but I installed one in my other JP and hated it. So i'm not sure that it's the same pickup. The Air Norton is a custom wound pickup though, the same as the older JP's 'Steve's Special' pickup.

MusicManJP6 said:
Yes! I still have the RoV and love it! I've been highly impressed with it combined with my GT-8.

The pickups are Dimarzios and they are Air Norton (neck) and D-Sonic (bridge). The D-Sonic pickup is supposed to be the same as the one you can buy in stores but I installed one in my other JP and hated it. So i'm not sure that it's the same pickup. The Air Norton is a custom wound pickup though, the same as the older JP's 'Steve's Special' pickup.

the steve special is a bridge pickup though.

Sweet BFR. is the neck the same dimensions as the older EEBM JPs?

EvoLove 34 said:
MusicManJP6 said:

the steve special is a bridge pickup though.

Sweet BFR. is the neck the same dimensions as the older EEBM JPs?

Correct, the SS is a bridge pickup. The dimensions of the necks are close with the exception of the thickness from front to back. I think the finish adds a good 1/8" extra.

I'll give ya $35 CASH today for it lol!

Seriously though, what sort of price range do these start at, i'm planning on getting on in the next year or so to finish off my guitar collection (yah, right!), can't even get a standard JP6 here to try out (**** small-town canada!).

congrats !!
that's gorgeous! :shock:
I've been dying to try one of these in the 7 string version, but
no stores in Boston carry them :cry:

Sweet finish. Very nice flamed top. Love the how the finish fades around the cutouts. I bet it plays like a dream.
Congrats. :D

Congratulations man, what a killer looking guitar! I am seriously looking at a BFR 7 string version. Enjoy!

How good was the factory setup? Mine was not great but it only took a few minutes to get it perfect.

Yeah, the factory setup was pretty good, but I ended up tweaking it to my liking. It's on point now...

And, yes, it plays like a dream! Best guitars available IMO.

The days I wish I wasn't left handed.

Closest I can get is the AXIS or Silhouette. Oh well :(

BEAUTY guitar mate,.

And, yes, it plays like a dream! Best guitars available IMO.[/quote]

I would totally agree, at least from a standard JPM point of view. I haven't as yet had the priveledge of even playing one the BFRs, but man is yours amazing. Congrats!!

Latest posts

Back