my new Mark IV(A)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Reaction score
I need to get it outside and take some natural light pics.
this thing is in great condition. there's a little ***** paing smudge on the left front edge but that's it. Amazing how these innocent looking little amps
can sound so nasty. there's a V30 in there now but the seller is giving me the Electro voice back, but I've been running it thru my Recto 2X12 cab and it sounds godly!
I can't believe I finally have a IV (I've been chasing this amp for 2 years now).
still debating whether I should get a head shell from gts :?:
DSCN2311.jpg

DSCN2309.jpg

the two cousins together (my III and the IV)
DSCN2312.jpg

Congrats! Nice Amp!

So how does that V-30 sound in the IV? I've been thinking about moving my EVM into a ext Thiele cab and replacing the Combo speaker with something different. Interested to know your thoughts.

GD_NC said:
Congrats! Nice Amp!

So how does that V-30 sound in the IV? I've been thinking about moving my EVM into a ext Thiele cab and replacing the Combo speaker with something different. Interested to know your thoughts.

I actually like it in there, I have to run that amp in tweed at Simul class so I don't blow it , but for late night playing at really low volumes I like it.
the seller wants to put it into an Empty 4X12 he bought so he's going to give me back the original speaker to put back in.

Very nice. :)

I noticed you were selling your Mark III. I'm doing the same thing, selling the III to get a IV. Haven't been lucky enough to find a IV in the UK yet though.

Congrats anyway.

Congradufukinlations man! Welcome to the family. I had mine set up and sounding so sweet tonight I almost broke out the superglue to save my setting for all time. But tommorrow I'll probably want something else. :lol:

Congrats, get the headshell you won't regret it.I bought mine from mesa about four months ago and never looked back. 8) The mark iv is fine tuned machine.

Awesome!!

I sold my Mark III a week ago with some other gear to get my Mark IV(B) short combo with the goodies. Mine is a 94' version with a few rips...but hey Im a year older then my mark and i have scars right?

Awesome buy my friend!!!

thanks guys!
Well my III is all boxed up and ready to go to California (from Boston) tomorrow morning.
it's a sad day for me as well as a happy one. I loved my III. I 've been playing on and off since 1975 and my III was easily the best amp I've ever owned. It' gave me "that tone" that I couldn't get from any other amp I tried.
This IV I'm moving it for is an "A", and I don't know if all "A" verions sound closer to the III than the "B" s do , but this one does. I've never been blown away by a "B" version , only because I like the more in your face sound, open of the III.
Luckily this IV has more of that "In your face" type of tone than any "B" I've played thru
so I'm not losing that.
I am getting a more useable R1/R2 and a much better pedalboard, so I'm sure I'll get over losing my III soon enough :D
I'm running my IV with all 6L6's and it think it may sound smoother than mixing it up with the El-34's.
I haven't tried them in there yet, just because I love the way this thing sounds as is.
but my friend who sold this to me tried them and didn't like them in there.
I have my MXR 10 EQ in the loop with a slight "frown" type of shape to it and it's giving me a good "80s" hair metal" tone on R2 (with the GEQ off).
then I can switch over to the lead channel , with the GEQ on and the loop off and it's very,
well it's the IV lead channel , need say no more. :D

kmanick said:
thanks guys!
Well my III is all boxed up and ready to go to California (from Boston) tomorrow morning.
it's a sad day for me as well as a happy one. I loved my III. I 've been playing on and off since 1975 and my III was easily the best amp I've ever owned. It' gave me "that tone" that I couldn't get from any other amp I tried.
This IV I'm moving it for is an "A", and I don't know if all "A" verions sound closer to the III than the "B" s do , but this one does. I've never been blown away by a "B" version , only because I like the more in your face sound, open of the III.
Luckily this IV has more of that "In your face" type of tone than any "B" I've played thru
so I'm not losing that.
I am getting a more useable R1/R2 and a much better pedalboard, so I'm sure I'll get over losing my III soon enough :D
I'm running my IV with all 6L6's and it think it may sound smoother than mixing it up with the El-34's.
I haven't tried them in there yet, just because I love the way this thing sounds as is.
but my friend who sold this to me tried them and didn't like them in there.
I have my MXR 10 EQ in the loop with a slight "frown" type of shape to it and it's giving me a good "80s" hair metal" tone on R2 (with the GEQ off).
then I can switch over to the lead channel , with the GEQ on and the loop off and it's very,
well it's the IV lead channel , need say no more. :D

What stripe was your Mark III?

Congrats dude. I traded my ENGL Powerball for my Mark IVa. Couldn't be happier, I got a rackmount version which I love.

What stripe was your Mark III?

Red stripe had the R2 mod, really a killer amp I hated the fact that I had to sell it to get th efunds together for the IV.
I would've loved to have been able to keep both.
Ahhhh.....Mortgages, private school for the little angel..............
I'm denied by lifes responsibilities :(

Latest posts

Back