My Mesa's... both Modern and Vintage

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Fore

Reaction score
I posted this in the Modern area as well because there is a Roadster... but my main amp is still the Mark IV which gos through the Recto 2x12 and the 1x15 with the EV. The Mark IV will be rackmounted in a couple days.

DSC00013.jpg

****, if only I still lived in San Jose (grew up there, but moved away when I was 20). We could be best buds............whether you wanted to be or not. :p

Any clips or description of the ME? That's my dream guitar and I'd love to hear how it pairs with Mesas, especially under high gain.

The Modern Eagle is very "in the middle", however very versatile. You can play any type of music on it. The RP pickups are very round sounding (more mids and bottom, than high's to my ear), on the heavier side of the McCarty's, but not hotter than the Dragon II's. I think they were really trying to please everyone with this model. Not my favorite pickups from PRS, but definitely not bad by any means. I thought about putting some Dragon II's in there to really make it an all out Rock guitar, but it handles everything so I left it alone.

Yo Bigmouth!! There are more fins in that picture than a classic car show! Someone likes Anthrax circa '88/Spitz??? Is that one of the KISS heads that went up for auction a few years back? I know they were using those on the first leg of the never ending farewell tour right?

Dude, what's the story on your rig and guitars? It looks interesting.

Mark Fore said:
The Modern Eagle is very "in the middle", however very versatile. You can play any type of music on it. The RP pickups are very round sounding (more mids and bottom, than high's to my ear), on the heavier side of the McCarty's, but not hotter than the Dragon II's. I think they were really trying to please everyone with this model. Not my favorite pickups from PRS, but definitely not bad by any means. I thought about putting some Dragon II's in there to really make it an all out Rock guitar, but it handles everything so I left it alone.

That's kind of how I hear it also. I love the feel and clarity of the BRW. I'd like to get a trem model and stick some hotter pickups in there and see how creamy it can get.

Latest posts

Back