My FIRST Boogie - might be an Electra Dyne.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chris osborne said:
Had an ED myself for a while a couple of years back and it was the best sounding amp I've ever heard.

Volume shouldn't be an issue unless you're in an apartment at night.

Thanks . . . that really is good news :D

I tried my Dyne with my RK1 2x12 cab. That cab has a C90 and a V30 which can be run independently or together. I didn't like any of the three options with the Dyne. I have a Seismic Audio 2x12 open back cab loaded with 2 WGS British Lead (Celestion Classic Lead clones) and I absolutely adore the sound. It's all subjective, in the end, but the smooth creaminess I get from that cab with my Dyne is the best thing I ever heard.

SirJackdeFuzz said:
chris osborne said:
Had an ED myself for a while a couple of years back and it was the best sounding amp I've ever heard.

Just expect to use it on 45 watts for quiet playing, and it will sound somewhat like a good practice amp until you get the speaker moving.

YellowJacket said:
SirJackdeFuzz said:
chris osborne said:

Just expect to use it on 45 watts for quiet playing, and it will sound somewhat like a good practice amp until you get the speaker moving.

Point taken :idea:

This is true of pretty much every guitar amp ever though, since super low volume tones are primarily affected by speaker excursion. We're talking under one watt here, where one watt puts out around 100db at a metre.

Back