MY FIRST BOOGIE EXPERIENCE

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG66

Reaction score
HELLO EVERYBODY FROM ITALY !!!!!! A question: I use rack system from many years, I like it sooo much , but would like to eliminate Marshall JMP1 for a MESA QUAD PREAMP. Can someone tell me something about this beautiful (2 rack units????) black beast???? How many sounds can I obtain in real time for a live session for example??? (switching through cleans, crunch, rhythm and lead??).Is it possible to obtain some nice lead tone à la Petrucci (Dream Theater????) Does the TRIAXIS work much better????? Thank you in advance to all of you !!!!

Get the Quad and you won't be disappointed. When I first got mine I couldn't believe how great it sounded. I've managed to get 3 tones I really like at one time with a minor sacrifice on R2 which I don't use that much. BTW it's 3 rack spaces, the studio pre is 2 spaces.

Hello,

The quad is a GREAT choice to go for a Mesa preamp. As someone who used to own one, I would recommend the Mesa Stereo 295 poweramp and one or two 1980's Mesa 2x12 or 4x12 open-back on top with closed-back on the bottom cabinets with the 200 watt EV'S on the bottom and 90 watt Boogie celestions on top. In my view, this combination truly brings out the BEST tone out of the Quad preamp possible. Of course, one also has to take into account, the quality of the guitar, pickups and the player. :D

Latest posts

Back