My Boogie Rig MKV pics

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Ed Love

Reaction score
I finally got things set up the way I like. I run it in Stereo. 8) All of the equipment was purchased new by me. The rig includes:

1978 Les Paul Custom with WCR Pickups and Kahler Tremolo.
Boogie MKIIC+
Boogie MKV
2 4X12 Boogie Cabs with EVM 12L speakers. 1980's vintage
Furman Pedal Board

Here are the pics.

effectsforebay001.jpg

effectsforebay003-1.jpg

effectsforebay007-1.jpg

MKV Stack 8)

effectsforebay014-1.jpg

Stereo Rig My actual setup.

ampsandeffects009-1.jpg

ampsandeffects3013-1.jpg

ampsandeffects4004-1.jpg

lesterpaul said:
nice!!tell me more about the LP Custom..would kill to find a natty in southpaw version
...ooops! just re read..a '78...i dig that natural finish-how heavy is she?

Yes it is a beautiful guitar. It is HEAVY, probably 10 - 12 pounds. I paid $750. for it new. It plays like a dream. The neck is not too thick, which I like. I finally found pickups and pots from WCR that work perfect with this instrument.

MesaGod666 said:
Pretty cool rig Jim! How do you like the tone of the Mark V vs. the Mark II?

I can dial in the MKV pretty close to the MKIIC+, which blends really nice in Stereo. I used to have a Soldano Decatone that just would not blend at all with the MKIIC+. The MKIIC+ does what it does a little better than the MKV. The MKV is much more versatile and does some things better than the MKIIC+. If I were still gigging alot, I would get another MKV because of ease of use and flexibility. Believe it or not, the MKIIC+ is heavier than the MKV.

smd24fan said:
Awesome rig! I love the look of the white and those vintage cabs! That's one badass Les Paul too!

Yeah, it's pretty cool how the MKV matches up 25 years later. The cabs are actually cream colored.

Jim Ed Love said:
MesaGod666 said:
Pretty cool rig Jim! How do you like the tone of the Mark V vs. the Mark II?

I can dial in the MKV pretty close to the MKIIC+, which blends really nice in Stereo. I used to have a Soldano Decatone that just would not blend at all with the MKIIC+. The MKIIC+ does what it does a little better than the MKV. The MKV is much more versatile and does some things better than the MKIIC+. If I were still gigging alot, I would get another MKV because of ease of use and flexibility. Believe it or not, the MKIIC+ is heavier than the MKV.
well put-I agree...leave the + at home and gig with the V

I really, really hate you. :wink: Thats really sweet man. Do you make people take off their shoes and wash their hands before they can see them?

ryjan said:
I really, really hate you. :wink: Thats really sweet man. Do you make people take off their shoes and wash their hands before they can see them?

I did clean and tidy things up before the picture. It doesn't always look so clean.

Believe it or not, the cabs and MKIIC+ head have been used gigging for over ten years. I used to have flight cases with them until I got divorced.

Mark Fore said:
How do you run in stereo... split out from the Eventide Delay?

Actually the first split comes after the moon phaser, then it's stereo in and out to the chorus and delay. It sounds really, really good. I got the delay using some cool ping pong effects.

Latest posts

Back