My Apologies to chedgeco - I'm an Idiot!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstefani

Reaction score
I had my Ace posted here for sale. chedgeco jumped on it and we were going to work out shipping, etc.

But this morning I woke up and when I saw the amp in my office I couldn't get myself to do it. I had got myself into a corner from a bad multi-year GAS attack and selling the Ace was a way to smooth things out a bit.

But I've got to go to plan B, I just can't sell this amp it's WAY TO cool.

Again, in front of everyone here - chedgeco I'm sorry for getting your juices flowing! :oops:

- dstefani (the idiot)

Don,

Please don't worry about it. I have too many amps anyway. I was going to sell one of my Mark III's to justify the purchase. Now if your Ace was in hardwood :p I would have been pi$$ed...

Enjoy it while you can... GAS can be painful... :shock:

Chris... 8)

so chedgeco:

Why don't you put your amp for sell at Guitar Showcase Consigment shop then when / if sells then purchase (order) an Ace?

I supposed that was already an option you are exploring or explored. :wink:

RR,

Mainly because I'm still wishy-washy about selling it.

Buying Don's Ace would have given me the opportunity to try out the Ace for an extended period of time to make up my mind, without having to fork over the bucks for a new one.

I'm not really worried about being able to sell the Mark III. I'm more worried about being a Boogie 6L6 guy for the last 20+ years and whether or not the Ace and I would bond because of it's distinct differences to my "norm".

Chris

And they are very different.

I've played 6L6 amps my whole life and now with the Ace, I'm learning to find the 'color' of the sound in different places. It's taking some time but it's fun!

- dstefani

Well, no regrets.

I was playing this afternoon with my G&L ASAT classic and the ace.

I had to print out one of the 'save your settings' pages from the ace PDF manual.

I'm no Robben Ford, but here's the sound that I was getting close to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDdZl3joA34

Ch1 - spongy/crunch - gain 2:00 - season to taste.

To think I almost sold this amp!:evil:

Now i need to get my DD6 delay modded to cut the highs and I'll be smokin' :)

Sell the farm, but don't sell your ace!

- dstefani

Latest posts

Back