Most outragous Mesa ever built,owned or saw

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The outrageous part is how much I spent on it. :)

I'm glad I did though, the tone from it is great. I have a MK I reissue I play through the CAB as well. The tone difference from the maple CAB is more apparent with the MKI, but it's great with the DR as well.

I actually like the clean channel on the dual when played through this cab. I know others comment that the cleans on the dual aren't that good, but they sound good to me through this CAB.

A Purple Sparkle Vinyl Dual Rec Halfstack left our store last year.

We just had a custom RK halfstack leave - Flame (maple?) head, two flamed 2x12s...it was more than $6000 worth and it was amazing.

gremmert said:
I'll give it a go.

dual.jpg
[/img]

Wow is that ever amazing. Not too keen on the PRS though would look better with a flamed Les Paul!!!!

Very nice though.

^ that is possibly the most elegant mesa i've ever seen!
I'm loving the PRS, they make great guitars!

Aye just a heads up Guitar Center here in phoenix has a Road King Head and 212 cab in the store that looks just like Jbirds. The store ordered it a year ago, it looks really nice. They want 3,800 for the two pieces in that finish, just a heads up for yall.........

zackprs said:
^ that is possibly the most elegant mesa i've ever seen!
I'm loving the PRS, they make great guitars!

Correct Sir. That is a Modern Eagle. One of the very best PRS has to offer outside of the PS line.

As for the original query: I LOOOOOOVE the Hetfield combo!

Not outrageous, but if by that you meant how cool Mesa is as a company, here's my Oogie.
Working with Trent Blake in '04 IIRC, he told me they made a trip for new wood to Oregon and were able to make this out of the same board. That was the trip they found such great figuring they created the new category Private Reserve above the AAA's so I got in before the price increase. Kinda disappointed they went to the RK2's so quickly, but several years later I still love this amp immensely. I thought hardwood and basket grill were uniquely Boogie. Dings sand out easy and I keep it oiled. Sometimes when the family leaves, my blood starts pumping and I play it on remote...from the driveway. :twisted:

Edited to add. I don't git folks trashing the Mesa sounds. It fits in just fine with my '71 Marshall, '70 Park, '64 Vox, Bruno's and my tweed, pink, brown and black vintage Fenders. steve,

100_0325.jpg

100_0619.jpg

100_1298.jpg

^ Another fine specimen... Man, those hardwood cabs are just too cool...

You know, my basketweave cabinet looks cool amongst my plain jane black cabs but yours next to your hardwood cabs it looks kind of ehhhh. I still love the the old Marshall cabs and find them classic looking but you gotta admit that those hardwood cabs just blow them away for looks.

yeah but my RK cabs probably still had birdsnests in '72.
I love how it changes with the light.
100_0312.jpg

100_0299.jpg

Is that white paper under the feet? They sell these cool little felt pads that you can stick to the bottom of your feet that will not let them scratch your finish. They would almost hide under the rubber feet completely so you wouldn't have to see the (paper?). They make them for things like chair and other things that would normally scratch something like a hardwood floor or furniture. Measure the diameter of the foot first then go check them out. It would be ok to have the foot hang over slightly as you would not see the felt pad that way which would be better than finding them that are too big and having to see the felt pads anyway. Another way to go would be to find some felt and make your own.

old pic. I havent had pads since.
They made the bracing out of it inside so it matches the figure. Mesa done me right.
100_1881.jpg

yeh,well you know mesa is built on reputation of there great products and customer service whereas say marshall have never really had that particular quality...they build amps like there goin out of fashion not really caring for there customers,the amount of marshalls I ve had which were well........crap too say the least is unimaginable!!but as for boogies its like they care about every customer and every amp and to money is just that other thing,its like the amps and customers come first in my experiance with them!!!!

nobody else agree??

Latest posts

Back