most of you will call me stupid but...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_purist

Reaction score
but I really need to make my Mark IIC+ my rythm amp!!! I use the mesa Mark IV as my lead sound but I need the IIC+ to be my rythm amp.

yeah most of you say "well DUH, it is a great rythm amp!" or "buy another one". but no... no amp has that swweetness the IIC+ has! so you want to know what is the problem with the IIC+? it can't sound like a modern high gain riffing amp, that's the problem (my problem)

please tell me how to achieve this with the IIC+. ENGL amps have the high gain thing going perfect but they lack the sweetness the IIC+ has!

so... anything... tell me.. there must be a way to make this amp the tightest high gain rythm monster out there!! I don't care how hard it could be! ($$$)

help me :( , I know the boogie board is my only hope because you know your stuff.

(this was also posted on the petrucci forums)

basicly, get the fattest lead sound you can get out of your C+ ..V the eq..and take the gain down alittle to keep it tight..keep the treb up ..i think pull-everything apart from the 1st volume bright .this is wat i do somtimes with my mk iv when i don't need to play lead as much...it's pretty much the pinacal of tight edgy awsome crunch...

thanks for your reply.

but wouldn't a parametric EQ help me out? tha amp has the EQ on it but I think that it is just not heavy enough...

the thing I really think is that my amp has something wrong :? everyone seems to be happy with their heavy tones...

maybe the cab? maybe the speakers?

which cab and speakers work best for tight rythm kik *** modern high gain distortion I'm after?

try new JJ tube's.pre and power..set bass 0 to 3, mid 4.5 to 7,treble 6-8..drive 5 to 7, gain 5 to 7...as for the cab a quad box with V30's...thats the only to get true sweet fat crunch...

awsome..

thats the one...i use orange 4x12 with V30..it use's and thinker wood..i think the bass is alittle better..no real differance.

My 2x12 Mesa Recto Closed back is better than my stock 4x12 Marshall 1960A. This is from my own testing. I would suggest either the 2x12 or 4x12 Recto cabs. They are killer.

Back