More Stupid Questions Regarding Cabs/Speakers Replacement

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soheil

Reaction score
This Cab Stuff is really going to kill me!! So Sorry guys But I want to ask some more questions regarding getting a cool DT-ish sound with a Marshall 1960A Cab and a Boogie Dual Recto Head.

as some of you might know, I wanted to import a 2x12 or 1x12 cab to iran from USA. but the music stores talk about the high shipment rates. something around 500$ for the cab, So I wanna know If These thoughts are true:

1. If I try to buy 2 , V30 cabs and import them to iran (I can't find them here!) and put them in a X shape or at top or bottom (whatever form that is better) is it going to sound good or I should buy Four V30s?!

2. If I want to use my 4x12 as a 2x12 is it a hard process or is it impossible? I'm talking about buying 2 V30s cab and replacing them with GT75s and disconnect other 2 GTs so my 4x12 works as a 2x12! ( I know it's stupid)

3. The Most important, How hard is the replacement process? is it just changing the speaker and soldering the same wires? is it risky for my head? and if someone knows a web page tutorial for this stuff feel free to gimme a link

thanks guys and sorry for my stupid questions again :D I'm a total noob in this changing schema!

Back