More Mark V comfrimation

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z06_jay

Reaction score
Hey all.

I have been reading this board for over a year now and finally decided to sign up and post something. With the recent surfacing of a picture of Randall working on a supposed Mark 5 I have been trying to get some more detials. I did not find any gold mines but did find on Mesa's site a few trademarks. Notice that the list has been updated this month.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Trademarks/Trademarks.htm

This was also posted over at Harmony Central Amp Forum. It looks like we finally have 100% proof that it's coming out. Very cool.

Is, "Multi Watt" a new one on this page?

http://www.mesaboogie.com/patents/patents.htm

OverDriven said:
This was also posted over at Harmony Central Amp Forum. It looks like we finally have 100% proof that it's coming out. Very cool.
C'mon, if you believe that picture was real, I've got a "Mark 5" I'll sell you right now.

Fxrs said:
OverDriven said:
C'mon, if you believe that picture was real, I've got a "Mark 5" I'll sell you right now.

be quiet.

Fxrs said:
"C'mon, if you believe that picture was real, I've got a "Mark 5" I'll sell you right now."

I just looked at the Mesa website. It's not a fake. I don't know what it means but Fxrs better get ready to ship a bunch of Mark 5's. I'd like mine in Hardwood and wicker please! LOL

Funny that it shows up the day before summer NAMM. I'm guessing it's a coincidence as, I believe, they have no booth there.

It's going to have selectable power between 10W, 50W, and 100W with Recto Tracking and the Bold Spongy Variac Switch.

50W mode will run in diode or tube rectification, but the other 2 power modes are tube only.

Bet me money on it, Fxrs.

MesaDCLP said:
It's going to have selectable power between 10W, 50W, and 100W with Recto Tracking and the Bold Spongy Variac Switch.

50W mode will run in diode or tube rectification, but the other 2 power modes are tube only.

Bet me money on it, Fxrs.
I'd expect that the if there was a difference in power options that the higher output modes would allow diode rectifier only not tube.

newfinator said:
I'd expect that the if there was a difference in power options that the higher output modes would allow diode rectifier only not tube.

I would expect that too, but that's what it looks like it says on the back of the amp. The words Recto Tracking seems like it would refer to tube and not diode. Octavarious posted a clearer picture of the infamous.

Maybe 50W is the only mode you can choose tube rectification.

There's definitely a Mark 5 coming. I was able to confirm it from a source. From what I was told, it didn't appear that it would be announced at this summer's NAMM, however. A longer time frame was indicated until the product will be announced (after summer NAMM '08, but before winter NAMM '09).

"recto tracking" really means that the amp will switch depending on the power setting. for lonestars at least. the manual says 100w is automatically diode rectified and 50w is your choice.

I did Like how my Lone Star went from 100 watts Clean to 50 watts Dirty with a Tube on the 50 watt side. It made for some good Clean Tones and good Solo Tones at more balanced volume levels but still with good Tube Saturation on the Dirty sounds.

I like my Mark III better though. :lol:

Cant wait to see the V for sure.

Do you guys thing it will have Simul with the different power options?

I may pick up a Small Bodied IV one day for shits and giggles. :lol:

Xqzdust said:
Fxrs said:
"C'mon, if you believe that picture was real, I've got a "Mark 5" I'll sell you right now."

I just looked at the Mesa website. It's not a fake. I don't know what it means but Fxrs better get ready to ship a bunch of Mark 5's. I'd like mine in Hardwood and wicker please! LOL
I didn't say the Mark V wasn't coming. I said the picture was a fake. MarkI, MarkII, MarkIII, MarkIV, *Mark5*. One of these things is not like the others.

I had the same thought but if you go to the Mesa home page and scroll down to the bottom you'll see, in small print, a link that says "trademarks". "Mark 5" is listed as well as "Mark V" and "Mark five". It claims to have been updated June 08 and I expect Mesa is just making sure that all the bases are covered. Randall has been quoted as saying he's moved on and wishes other people would to. Maybe he was refering to the Romans and their crazy numerals!

Fxrs said:
Xqzdust said:
Fxrs said:

I didn't say the Mark V wasn't coming. I said the picture was a fake. MarkI, MarkII, MarkIII, MarkIV, *Mark5*. One of these things is not like the others.

Hahahaha are you kidding? That's why you think it's a fake?

Latest posts

Back