Monsta Tone!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfgang6505

Reaction score
Hey man that's cool, will you pull the chasis when your DC5 arrives and take a few pics of her, I want to look at a stock one so I can compare it with mine I have the cathode bias mod.

Wolf, did you figure out your problems on the DC5? Enquiring minds and all that....

I would, but I had it shipped to my house on the Mainland.

Sorry man.

I can send you a picture of my DC-3's guts, they should be close to the same.

I was actually thinking of modding my DC-3 to be Simul-Class. The outer pair of tubes is Cathode Bias and the inner pair are Fixed Bias.

Cathode Bias adds a lot of richness and overdrives much easier.

Let me know if you want them and PM me with an email address. It may take a couple of days, but I will do it.

I am serious about taking it off your hands if you decide you hate it. I want you to fix it and enjoy it, but I'll be the vulture if you decide to sell. :mrgreen:

Wally, I have consulted a few more techs about it and haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet, however I'm starting to wonder if it's the cathode bias mod, when I bought the amp, I can't remember if it did the cutting out on the pull boost or not because the amp had more gain then. When the mod was done it brought the gain down a bit (in my opinion) but warmed the sound up alot. So I 'm not sure if I ever had the ryth pull boost activated at the same time as having the gain on 10.

Monsta-Tone, I'd love to see the pics of your amp and if you have a schematic that would be great also. Simul-Class is a cool thing and I don't think you'ld be making a mistake by doing that. I 've never played a DC-3 but the only thing different isit has EL84's? and is 30 watts instead of 50 right? I could be wrong so correct me if so...

Monsta-Tone you'll be the firstto know if I decide to sell :mrgreen: I'm going to PM.

I'm thinking maybe about reversing the mod and fitting the amp with all Mesa tubes again, maybe it will change what's happeing on the ryth channel.

PM me with an email address. I can send the DC-5 & DC-3 schems.

I will take pics either tonight or this weekend. I have 2 little boys that like to get into everything, so I have to be sly about things. I'll be taking pics of some stuff for Ebay tonight though, so I might get the chance.

Latest posts

Back