MkV buyers using it ONLY for metal ??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sixstringpsycho said:
So before we get the torches out and blast people for wanting to buy a mark V to play LOG coveres remember......are you buying it to play strictly blues??? because that is pretty much the same point. My point is all enjoy what you enjoy and play it loud.

If there were so many posts wanting to hear the blues or country clips of the MkV, I would still wonder why this was so. The amp is a total package chocked full of potential for many styles. I was trying to make sure that the new MkV owners were not "pidgeonholing" (if that is a word) themselves. :shock: If someone wants to buy the MkV to just play one of the channels, that is their business, but variety is the spice of life.

JOEY B. said:
Sixstringpsycho said:
So before we get the torches out and blast people for wanting to buy a mark V to play LOG coveres remember......are you buying it to play strictly blues??? because that is pretty much the same point. My point is all enjoy what you enjoy and play it loud.

If there were so many posts wanting to hear the blues or country clips of the MkV, I would still wonder why this was so. The amp is a total package chocked full of potential for many styles. I was trying to make sure that the new MkV owners were not "pidgeonholing" (if that is a word) themselves. :shock: If someone wants to buy the MkV to just play one of the channels, that is their business, but variety is the spice of life.

I am not sure if pigenholed is a word. I do agree with you on people buy the Mark V should try to make it do everything it can do. I do think that if some buys it to use one channel and never even try the others then thats their decision. I just finished a 14 hour work day on a sunday and that sucked. Music is a personal thing IMO so all shoiuld enjoy what they like/

sorry also because I don't usually EMO out over any posts of opinion but I was in a crappy mood after working 30 hours in two days and wrote the "i am leaving this forum" post as i left for another 14 hour day. I want to play a Mark V eventually but at this point I am not interested in buying one.

It is entertaining to me that someone questioned the word "pigeonhole" yet a lot of posters still can't get the whole "their, there, they're" and "to, too, two" thing going.

I'm going to play passive/aggressive rock with my Mark V. :p

Mark Fore said:
It is entertaining to me that someone questioned the word "pigeonhole" yet a lot of posters still can't get the whole "their, there, they're" and "to, too, two" thing going.

Maybe because enlgish is not everybody's first language? :wink:

Why, oh, why, should I bloody care what style of music someone else does or doesn't play through their own bloody amp? :lol:

I recently bought a bogner fish to get in a more versatile realm of playing but found that you need more than just the pre amp and power amp to make that amp live up to its potential. Typical rack setup. I have now decided on getting myself a mark III because I am mostly a metal player. I still might get the mark V becasue of its versatility but would mainly use it for what i like to play most, which is metal. The other features of the amp arent going anywhere and with mesa boogies track record of thier amps lasting for almost an eternity, I think that leaves plenty of time to mess with the rest of the amps features. Just becasue someone uses it for one purpose now, doesnt mean they wont use it to its full potential eventually. Besides, I seriously doubt that any of the guys that play blues or hard rock are going to use this amp to its full potential either with the mark IV and extreme settings. Why bag on guys that will use it for mostly metal when the guys that play lighter rock will do the same thing? Does it really matter what someone else does with thier money?

I am going to play.......well,........guitar with my Mark V!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back