MKIV pot changing...easy to get to?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divil

Reaction score
I have a couple of dodgy pots on my MkIV widebody so I need to whip the chassis out and replace them, are the pots accessable once the chasis is out or do I have to remove any other bits?....anybody point me at some pixs of a MKIV out of the headshell so I can get an idea before the pots arrive?

Cheers guys

Paul :D

Hey,

I've changed pots in mine, and most are pretty easy to get to. I don't have any pics, but generally the pots have wires flown to the PCB. Another nice thing is that the power tubes are mounted on the chassis, not the PCB.

There are oodles of things that I would have big problems doing myself, because the circuits are very dense on the Mark IV, but changing the pots isn't too bad. The biggest problem you might find is getting to the lower ones.....

It went ok....I ended up changing Rhy1 + Rhy2 Treble , Lead Mid, Lead Gain + Lead Drive, it was difficult to get at the lead controls but I got it done in the end and it was a good excuse to clean the bottom of the cab and the fan etc.

I got all the pots including postage from the UK Mesa distributor for £20 which is a steal as Tube Amp Doctor wanted £8 just for the lead mid pot!!!....if you are in the UK and need parts give Westside Distribution a call and speak to Oreste...he's a great guy and super helpful.

Tel 0141 248 4812

No more scratchy pots!....awesome!

Back